UTS vs USYD? (1 Viewer)

_rakelt

HSC
So, I'm very conflicted if i should go UTS or Usyd.
i achieved an atar of 91.35, and I want to do a double degree (science + business/commerce) and feel this is enough to get into the courses i want from both uni's
But im still conflicted on where i should go. I feel like at this point, I'm going to judge each university based on social life/campus LOL

Usyd is more prestigious and "superior" in comparison to UTS, but I really like UTS' 'chill'/modern atmosphere..

I have only one more day to change my preferences..Any suggestions guys? UTS or Usyd?

sida1049

HSC
I think the whole social life thing is just another aspect of advertising from the unis. How much you enjoy the social aspect of your uni depends more on you than any other factor. I recommend choosing based on (a) convenience, and (b) the details regarding your courses. For example, what majors do you intend to pursue?

_rakelt

HSC
I think the whole social life thing is just another aspect of advertising from the unis. How much you enjoy the social aspect of your uni depends more on you than any other factor. I recommend choosing based on (a) convenience, and (b) the details regarding your courses. For example, what majors do you intend to pursue?
Okay! Thankyou!

franktheman

HSC
Okay! Thankyou!
Fellow 91.35 here :)

It's a tough decision having to choose between unis, with there being so many choices. I have a similar dilemma too (bCom at usyd or bcom at unsw). I went with usyd for bcom, usyd business school isnt the most well known but it's got a good finance major, its pretty convenient for me (double the time to get to unsw and a bit longer to go to uts :/ ) and its still the 'number 1' uni in NSW (but the ranking system isnt accurate).

if u go to usyd, i might see u next year ;)

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Definitely USYD. USYD Commerce has more opportunities and industry connections. USYD is also much more prestigious than UTS, especially if you want to work overseas in the future.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely USYD. USYD Commerce has more opportunities and industry connections. USYD is also much more prestigious than UTS, especially if you want to work overseas in the future.
Well.. can't argue with that lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)