UWS Incident and Lazy security (1 Viewer)

vin.iori

HSC
Hey guys its 28 Sept 05 and its 8:12. There are 3 puppies running around building V at Penrith Kingswood campus and anyone with a brain would know that this is dangerous as any cars coming up from Kearny Av could have hit them. I have physically visit the security office to notify them and the response given to me was "i'll take a look into it" but nothing has been done. all they bloddy did was turn down the Radio down and continuined their conversation .

The pups are still runnig around and any car could have hit them. Oh and theres a incident reporting form on Uws site which does not work at all. How lame is that !! I dont really wanna end the day seeing 3 dogs lying on the ground dead.

klh

HSC
those poor dogs....
them security guys usually respond to stuff like emergencies liek firre, broken down cras or injured poeple..maybe they have seen those puppies before and know they will be goen soon?
i mean why dont you just take them and put them somewhere else? be a little proactive if oyu dont want them to be hit...

vin.iori

HSC
yeah that the thing i found this box and they just keep jumping out of them. I tried calling rspca but no one picked up so i guess its too early. And its assumable that the dogs have eben abandoned by someone coz no one has seen them in campus before.

Dunno what else i can do and its not like i can carry them to my lectures .... dont really wanna see them get hurt either.

L

LaraB

don't blame security.. yeh they're lazy but its not their job to pick up puppies a round campus...

blame the idiot who let them be there in the 1st place

studynoob

HSC
N/A
heh when i skate around a office building some fat shit security comes up and chases us off maybe i should start skating around your campus since ur security doesnt give a shit!

L

LaraB

studynoob said:
heh when i skate around a office building some fat shit security comes up and chases us off maybe i should start skating around your campus since ur security doesnt give a shit!
not caring about a couple of animals is different to caring/not caring about a couple of idiots skating around campus...

studynoob

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
not caring about a couple of animals is different to caring/not caring about a couple of idiots skating around campus...
haha you hate skaters? why? not all skaters are vandal they just wanna have fun is that a problem?

L

LaraB

studynoob said:
haha you hate skaters? why? not all skaters are vandal they just wanna have fun is that a problem?
of course - i disagree with having people skating around uni so i MUST hate skaters.. couldn't be that there is a reason why such as its not safe... sorry forgot everyone's out to get skaters :rolleyes:

i didn't say you're all vandals... i dont think skating is a problem.. i do think it is a problem when eg when i was at blacktown campus yday a few morons skating out onto the road, falling off beanches near the road, comin round corners whackin into people...

people who don't like 'skaters' if they do, don't necessarily coz they think they're vandals - its because they get in the way of people and cars, cause accidents/injuries and then have a big dummy spit about how 'you're only saying that coz you hate skaters'

unis have heapsa people walking around, lotta cars comin in and out so it's not safe to have people going around on skateboard/blades

Jonathan A

HSC
vin.iori said:
Hey guys its 28 Sept 05 and its 8:12. There are 3 puppies running around building V at Penrith Kingswood campus and anyone with a brain would know that this is dangerous as any cars coming up from Kearny Av could have hit them. I have physically visit the security office to notify them and the response given to me was "i'll take a look into it" but nothing has been done. all they bloddy did was turn down the Radio down and continuined their conversation .

The pups are still runnig around and any car could have hit them. Oh and theres a incident reporting form on Uws site which does not work at all. How lame is that !! I dont really wanna end the day seeing 3 dogs lying on the ground dead.

You gotta be kidding me.

Can I ask do you have a job?

And furthermore in the line of your work, if three dogs were in your vacinity, would you be obliged to pick up the dogs?

Probably not. (I will let you answer it though). The problem is security can't really do anything about it - security guards aren't police, rangers or RSPCA. They have a defined role, they are not Miscellaneous Officers who have all the odd jobs dumped on them.

Why don't you criticise the fools who let their dogs run around?

I admire your compassion though.

Jonathan A

HSC
studynoob said:

They have to intervene. It's apart of risk management. The fact you disobey clear instructions on defined property is grounds for intervention.

Campus Security are also empowered by University By-Laws and hence have more power than other security would - e.g. they can enforce Infringement Penalties.

Jiga

anyone with a brain would know that this is
It was a dangerous situation....for the dogs. The security guards aernt really employed to protect someones mutts! Maybe you should have rang up the RSPCA? Not that this matters, I doubt anyone would be blind enough to run over a puppy!

I also dont think you should brand all security guards as incompitant as well, the Campbelltown security guards are quite motivated, they think they are cops or something always putting on their fluro vests and putting out witches hats everywhere!

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
explain how??

L

LaraB

William_Lawry said:
explain how??
meh you obviously didn't read anyone of the posts of myself or other people following the initial ones and since as i have said in the past i don't care bout your opinion read above and figure it out yourself

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
meh you obviously didn't read anyone of the posts of myself or other people following the initial ones and since as i have said in the past i don't care bout your opinion read above and figure it out yourself
arn't you extremly rude

L

LaraB

William_Lawry said:
arn't you extremly rude
well every other post i've made that you have replied to you have turned into a bitch-fest so why bother especially when the answer is evident and other people seem to have picked up on it

Chang

HSC
the security at our uni is god damn gay (campbelltown campus). I mean me and my friends got a warning for kicking a soccer ball about (which goes onto our record). Not only that but they cant prove we did kick the ball around

L

LaraB

Chang said:
the security at our uni is god damn gay (campbelltown campus). I mean me and my friends got a warning for kicking a soccer ball about (which goes onto our record). Not only that but they cant prove we did kick the ball around
you can challenge that kinda thing - contact the union coz they can do it for you..saves you the hassle

usually if you make a big enough fuss they'll get rid of it on youru record if for no other reason simply because they're sick of you complaining:)

vin.iori

HSC
I'm not branding all security guards at campus to be incompetant. I guess its my first impression that they are too lazy to do something about it.

around 10am after my lecture i saw two of the dogs being tied up outside the security office. Either someone adopted them or the owner came back for them cause they were gone by 11:30 ish. Not too sure bout the third one though...

Btw chang what can happens if you get too many strikes on your record ? If you get in S**T for kicking a ball round i would imagine skaters would have it pretty bad.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
They are very efficient. Once there was a USYD student using out computer labs, and a security guard came round to check UWS student cards, and he chucked her out and gave her the harsh word, quite amusing...
What was wrong with that? I believe anyone is allowed to use the terminals at unsw.

L

LaraB

Jesus! said:
What was wrong with that? I believe anyone is allowed to use the terminals at unsw.
i believe there were problems in th past of other students as in non-uws using computers for purposes other than what we are allowed under uni policy to use them for and it lead to viruses on the system and that kinda thing.

plus eg, computer rooms in the library - you need a uws password and student number to log onto the system in the first place.

It makes sense i think, because computer lab is often really full and you have to fight it out for a computer so if i was trying to get a hold of a computer, as a uws student, i would be pretty pissed off if i was being prevented from using resources that i pay uni fees etc to have access to because a student from another uni who already has access to these resources at their uni, is taking up a space

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)