Vertebrate Forelimbs (1 Viewer)

Jessisbored

HSC
Hey what did you write for this? i got confused but i managed to get out the archeopteryx for an example and the pentadactyl limb and argh

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i talked about homologous structures suggesting a common ancestor forgot about poor old archaeopteryx oh well

HeyKrazi

Huh?>

The archaeopteryx had nothing to do with vertebrate limbs ... thats transitional forms regarding palaeontology. I think the question required pentadactyl limbs, eg: bats have same pentadactyl limb structures as humans, even though it is extended to form their wings, thus showing a common ancestor. if archaeopteryx was needed then im screwed

linnyss

pentadactly limbs i said how they where similar for a range of animals

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
pentadactly limb --> comparative analogy --> whales, humans, bats, lions all have same basic structure but different use --> suggest common ancestor

sgt

i said all vertebrate forelimbs possess the similar pendactyl design (five-fingered), between the human and the whale the only difference lies in the whale having a shorter and fatter radius and ulna

Jessisbored

HSC
phew coz i wrote 4 lines for the pentadactyl limb and one for the archeopteryx i knew it was wrong!

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
I just wrote about how through comparative anatomy we see that the pentadactly limb is common in most vertabrates, suggesting a common ancestory path.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
pentadactly limb --> comparative analogy --> whales, humans, bats, lions all have same basic structure but different use --> suggest common ancestor
exactly what i did..cept without the lion..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I only wrote about the 5 structured limb, hopefully thats right.

I talked about how the limb was changed in evolution by the type of environment the organism lives in e.g. whales with their flipper thing to help them swim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)