Very Experienced HSC Mathematics Tutor @ Carlingford, Parramatta, Eastwood, Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills Area (1 Viewer)

kooliskool

HSC
Hello guys, my name is James Wang and I am offering tutoring service for Mathematics. I am also offering online tutoring or I can travel to your home if it's within half an hour drive one way to my place.

A little bit more about myself and my teaching style:

I have over 14 years of tutoring experience and I provide structured teaching lessons to get you through any mathematics course. I am also a full time risk manager in the banking industry, but I am enthusiastic in teaching and do tutoring as a part-time job as well. As proven many times in the past 10 years, I make a fundamental difference to the learning using my teaching philosophy and I enjoy the reward in seeing the success of my past students.

If you are looking for someone who are able to answer any questions you throw at them, or if you are also looking for someone to systematically help you revise concepts for exam preparation, I am the right tutor for you. I can break down all challenging questions and relate them to the topics and concepts that you should know, pass on approaches to you so you will be the next person who can do the next question no matter how hard it is. I can also teach you exam time management tactics, and train you on them to be ready to score 100% and be the first in your class, your cohort or the state.

I detest the traditional methods of how mathematics is taught, generally students were just told to memorise and apply the mathematical formulas to a set of repetitive questions. I stand out in my teaching style in that I am more of a guide than a teacher, I do not spoon feed answers and formulas to students, instead I find that they will learn a lot more once they become an independent and active learner, so I train them through interactive probing and teaching so they can attain the skills to tackle questions on their own, and is able to ultimately solve even the most challenging questions in the HSC.

Experience:

• I have tutored for 14 years.
  • I have tutored for 1000+ hours.
  • I have tutored both in class and 1-on-1 environments, but I prefer 1-on-1 so I can tailor make the pace and lesson style to each individual's needs.
Qualifications:

• High Distinction (87) for MATH1251, Mathematics for Actuarial Studies B
  • Distinction (83) for MATH1151 for Mathematics for Actuarial Studies A
  • Weighted Average Mark of 75 (Distinction Average) for Bachelor of Commerce/Economics, majoring in Actuarial Studies, Finance and Econometrics
  • 98/100 for Mathematics Extension 1
  • 96/100 for Mathematics Extension 2

Materials:
  • Fully typed, structured notes each week.
  • Typed up quizes for each week.
  • Typed up revision exercises of HSC style questions for each topic.
  • Typed up Trial papers from selective schools and private schools.
  • Sample notes: (Attached)

Contact Details:
Email: james_wang106@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0404980131

Attachments

Last edited:

elz11

HSC
Re: Very experienced HSC tutor at Burwood, 98 for 3u, 96 for 4u

James has my recommendation.
I definitely agree that the teaching style doesn't make me feel like i'm rote learning (which in maths shouldn't happen); but i can actually understand the workings behind mathematics and get to the nitty gritty of more challenging questions. With James' assistance I was able to receive high band six for 2u and High E4 for ext. 1 maths in 2010. The quizzes are really helpful, helps me manage my time. defs have to do the homework, otherwise questions you can't do won't be answered! you can ask any school question as well.
He's willing to put in the time to help you with understanding and enjoying maths.

kooliskool

HSC

Thank you elise, you were dedicated as well, I wish I have many students who is as willing to learn as you.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC

This guy is a genius !

I can not begin to emphasise how great this guy is ! Completing my HSC in 2010, I had never been tutored and so was always worried about who was going to tutor me, and whether he’d do a good job or not. Thankfully I found James.

He is fantastic! He has such a great and profound knowledge of mathematics. He knows all aspects of the Mathematics, MX1 and MX2 HSC course. He also teaches aspects outside the syllabus, which always makes things that touch easier.

He has amazing resources, ranging from notes, to past papers (HSC and Selective schools) as well as weekly quiz’s ! James’ patience and determination to educate mathematics is also another valuable virtue.

I was tutored in both Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. Through his help (which I am forever grateful for) I was able to attain a Band 6 in both subjects! James has now become a good friend of mine and it’s safe to say that making James my tutor was one of the best decisions of my HSC.

If you’re someone looking for a tutor whose genius, patient, reliable and humble, than I highly recommend James. It’ll be on of “your” best decisions of the HSC.

Thanks again James, and I’ll see you in uni :D !

kooliskool

HSC

Thx Gus, that was more than I expected from you lols. Wish you enjoy your uni life and also a successful future after that too~!

kooliskool

HSC
Re: Very experienced HSC tutor, 98 for 3u, 96 for 4u

You mean privately or in the tutoring class? I have 8 altogether in the tutoring centre so far, but in separate classes

Last edited:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad

I can strongly recommend this James fellow to anyone who might be interested. I have seen many students who were performing very poorly in Mathematics who, with his help, managed to score high Band 6s and E4s in the several different Mathematics courses offered in the NSW HSC. An Old Boy of High, who I spoke to recently, had these words to say when I inquired as to how he managed to attain an ATAR of 99.95: "James is the best".
As you can see, it is quite clear that this James fellow has excellent credentials, and I strongly urge anyone who is reading this to accept James' offer, before slots run out.

kooliskool

HSC

Thanks a lot, even though I don't really know who you are.

Last edited:

kooliskool

HSC

thanks~~

Last edited:

interesting

HSC
N/A

Im interested

kooliskool

HSC

Hi, can you text me your number or email me your number? I can call you back and we can discuss the details through the phone, I have unlimited credit anyway.

My email is james_wang106@hotmail.com or my mobile number is 0404980131.

Last edited:

kooliskool

HSC

???

Last edited:

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC

what did u get in year 6 maths competition if i may ask did u get a high distinction also wat is the lowest price i cant pay $50/hour it is too expancive

daweisun123

HSC
N/A
Re: Very experienced HSC tutor, 98 for 3u, 96 for 4u, at Hurstville~!

bump!
I totally recommend James!! he is really good
and good luck with your learning centre

Morumot

HSC
Re: Free Mathematics Extension 2 Tuition, Taught By HSC Marker

I would like to apply, however our mx2 class is much less than 10 and we haven't done our first assessment. Could we submit year 11 3unit ranks? Also what topics will the test cover and what date and how long will the test be?

Last edited:

kooliskool

HSC
I would like to apply, however our mx2 class is much less than 10 and we haven't done our first assessment. Could we submit year 11 3unit ranks? Also what topics will the test cover and what date and how long will the test be?
Pm'ed you

gahyunkk

HSC
Re: Free Mathematics Extension 2 Tuition, Taught By HSC Marker

I would like to apply for this. Im in year12 and studying 4u maths.
I came first in y11 math but our school havent done 4u test yet.
When is the due date for applying this?
And what topics does the test cover and when is it on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)