Violence in COMPUTER GAMES??? :chainsaw: (1 Viewer)

d1ngo

Enjoying a Moosey Fate...
HSC
I juist saw some shit on the 7:30 report about how they're trying to ban violent video games...

funnily enough, two of my favourite video games were shown...

Vice City and Max Payne...

i was proud... proud to be a gamer...

FFS... i wish ppl would get over it... it's ANIMATED... at least we're not killing ppl in the street...:chainsaw: (no comment)

^___^
HSC
well...research do show that if u frequently play those bloodish game, ur behaviour to get a bit more violent....

d1ngo

HSC
i dunno if thats entirely true...

all the azns i know that RELIGIOUSLY play CS are all timid.. and quiet...

There may be some truth to it, but at the end of the day, u cant blame behaviour on a game or a song or a movie... everyone... everyone knows the difference between right and wrong...

Juliet

HSC
I played this game once where u are in this huge 4 wheel drive and u run people over. They like scream really loudly and then all their blood goes everywhere...it has not affected me in anyway.

d1ngo

HSC
lol.... is'nt that like carmageddon or something?

I remember thatgame... and doom.. and duke nukem... all of the good games have ben violent... even the text-based ol-skool games were violent...

:)

narrator

HSC
N/A
youd think violent games would help people with violent tendencies, its an outlet for their anger, for the rest of us they're just fun...

...the other question is, where do you draw the line? How violent is too violent? Frankly, i think if youre a violent person video games dont make a difference

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by d1ngo
at least we're not killing ppl in the street...:chainsaw: (no comment)
too bad the ppl over in america dont realise that, but also from movies and other crap..as well as it being legal to carry a gun over there...sorry, it has nothing related to the topic:p

d1ngo

HSC
lol... there is a point to ur comment tho ghand...

it's "unconstitutional" not to carry a gun in the states...

which is a joke, cos they complain about shootings and shit...

but still...

it's ONLY a game... or it's ONLY a movie...

it's words or pictures... ppl still have to make their mind up whether to kill someone... thats been scientifically analysed...

it's all a crock of shit... :)

narrator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by d1ngo

it's "unconstitutional" not to carry a gun in the states...
please d1ngo, get things right, firstly, the American Constitution just says it's legal to carry handguns, not its illegal not to...

...anyway, who cares, you think someone waiting to kill a bunch of people is suddenly gonna care whether they break any laws? :mad1: :chainsaw:

d1ngo

HSC
yes, but the American Constitution states that they are "one nation... ...under god"

Let's not discuss the paradoxical nature of a document that was written ages ago...

The topic was violence in computer games... not the american constitution...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
little kids shouldn't be playing violent games though

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
firstly... max payne 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that's off my chest,
i like violent games because they're not a situation you're ever going to find yourself in, unless you're like, Steven Seagal or something. (remember him?)

I like violent games because there's nothing more satisfying than taking out someone and patting yourself on the back. Or taking out someone who's just taken out someone else and took their eye off the cheese while they pat themselves on the back.

I quite enjoyed the 'sinking into the ground after death' ability in SOFII, too. :D

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
little kids shouldn't be playing violent games though
I agree with that.

Theres nothing wrong with playing a violent game... everyone has a violent side, its healthy to let it out by playing a game... and not on an actual person.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
They should ban everquest.

People have actually died from fatigue from playing it 80 hours consecutively.

Generator

HSC
N/A
With the point about young kids... What about real time strategy games? Having your longbowmen kill peasants in age of empires ii is just as violent as any other game...

As someone said earlier, where do we draw the line? Should there even be a line?

Mazey

Lol this debate always gets me all confused cos i cant pick a side! mmmm yeh i dun reckon violent games/movies can just make you violent, i reckon tho, if u have a predisposition to be violent maybe it'd influence u?

But most ppl dun really lean on violent... do they?!

MysticEye

I reckon if someone goes violent chances are it isn't due to computer games or TV/Movies.. society just needs to put the blame onto someone

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
With the point about young kids... What about real time strategy games? Having your longbowmen kill peasants in age of empires ii is just as violent as any other game...

As someone said earlier, where do we draw the line? Should there even be a line?
I won't say its just as graphic, because the graphics are less complex and its less detailed. And besides, you get to learn a bit of history in AoEII, which makes it OK :D

Mazey

Yeh its easy i guess for parents and other leaders in the community to blame something like games and movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)