Vision Science (1 Viewer)

dannar

HSC
Hey guys, I've been trying to ring UNSW up for so long and I've gotten no answer 😤 I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.

If you're doing a Bachelor of Vision Science, can you transfer into the Bachelor of Vision Science/ Master of Clinical Optometry component after one year?

Thanks guys 😊

quickoats

HSC
Don’t quote me but I think externally transferring back into the BVisScMClinOptom via UAC is possible. This means you are transferring into the start of the combined program - then you can scoop up credits for year 1 and join yr 2 (if there is a spot - there probably will be bc people wanna transfer to med

IIRC internal transfer is not possible I think you have to compete for a spot after BVisSc finishes or something.

if you really want optom, Deakin in Geelong is an option (but then again... Geelong). If you want UMelb has a OD Doctor of Optom degree that is 3 years for VisSc grads (i.e. 6 years all up) and I’m pretty sure it’s gamsat. UWA has a new DOpt degree (3years for everyone) but idk much about it.

dannar

HSC
Don’t quote me but I think externally transferring back into the BVisScMClinOptom via UAC is possible. This means you are transferring into the start of the combined program - then you can scoop up credits for year 1 and join yr 2 (if there is a spot - there probably will be bc people wanna transfer to med

if you really want optom, Deakin in Geelong is an option (but then again... Geelong). If you want UMelb has a OD Doctor of Optom degree that is 3 years for VisSc grads (i.e. 6 years all up) and I’m pretty sure it’s gamsat. UWA has a new DOpt degree (3years for everyone) but idk much about it.
Yeah I heard there's a way of transferring into the double degree on UAC. I'm doing to the vision science component on its own so I was wondering if I could transfer into the double degree by the end of year 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)