Volume is Driving Me Crazy (1 Viewer)

shortie_689

HSC
I have a huge problem my sound won't work and before someone says turn it off mute its not on mute ive looked a million times an I keep searching for a reason it wont work but now its just down right pissing me off...

PLEASE HELP ME I WANT MY MUSIC TO WORK

Lavenderpup

HSC
is the sound card inserted correctly, is the sound card driver installed correctly, are the speakers even working or whatever internal thing if they're still around, is some form of a headphone not accidentally plugged in and you forgot about it (whaat, it happened once) and are you sure your computer isn't just badly installed/virused/spywared/etc.?

shortie_689

HSC
OH now my brain is on overload... I am so not a computer person and I have no idea how to check any of that an I so dont have the money to get someone to check it properly aarrrgh

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The easiest way is to right click my computer, then scroll down to properties and click that.

You should see various tabs, click on the one saying Hardware.

There should be a "Device Manager" button, click on that.

You should see a new box. Look for "sound, video and game controllers" and click the little + sign, it should expand and there should be things there.

Now on your keyboard, there should be a "Print Screen" button, press this now. Open paint and then press Ctrl + C at the same time, this should paste the picture of your screen into paint. Now click on the dotted rectangle button on the left. Now drag a box around the box with the "Sound, video and game controllers." when it is around it, press Ctrl + X. then Ctrl+N, click dont save if it asks you.

Now press ctrl+v. you should have just the box now. Ctrl+S, and it should take you to the save dialog.

select any filename, and select .PNG as the fileformat. Upload that pic up on here.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

Ok, go download that and tell us what your motherboard is, cos the sigmatel site doesnt provide codecs

Basically unzip the contents to a folder, and then run aida.exe or something similar.

Now right click Aida32, "quick report" > "plaint text"

And then save the text file and upload here, sorry for the trouble

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe ok, which part did you get lost with?

Downloaded the program and unzipped into a folder.

Click on the aida32.exe file, this will launch the program.

In the program, on the left there is a menu-list, AIDA32 on top, and all Computer, CPU, Motherboard underneath it. Highlight and right click AIDA32 and highlight the only option there, then on the next menu, select save to txt file.

It will run a test, and then display a text file of the results, you want to save as a file, and then post the file up here.

Ive included some screenshots to help :)

shortie_689

HSC
ok here it is

please dont let this give someone hackin power

aah crap it didnt work
2 secs

ok its not workin whenever i go to attach it the page needs to be refreshed but there is no refresh button

Last edited:
HSC
When did it last work correctly?

i assume that you've checked that its all plugged in correctly - the power to the speakers, the speakers to the computer etc.

Try shutting down your PC for 5 mins and then back on again?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Make sure to double check these:

Pic 1 - get to Control Panel via My Computer > Control Panel as shown.

Pic 2 - Double Click the Sounds and Audio Devices

Pic 3 - Make sure that those options are all turned up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)