VSU to compulsory again under Rudd legislation? (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Revolution on campus
hey it looks like we might have to pay a small student fee again. i never thought it would be coming back again. i was getting use to not having to pay anymore haha

discuss and murder each other in the discussion as you all normally do.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Thread title is wrong

It's not making the fees abolished under VSU compulsory again, because it's a service fee, it removes the union membership component.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL i realised afterwards to add contributions because i was doing it as a side thing as i was doing my assignment looking for articles.

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
The Student Unions remind me a terminally ill house pet that nobody wants to help get better, nor put out of its misery.
The student unions themselves are slowly dying, and unless payment is compulsory, nobody will join. Most of my mates at uni have asked themselves, what is it that I am paying this $140 a year for? What am I getting for it? They reckon it's a waste of money, but agreed that if everyone was made to pay for it that the better services provided would make the $140 payment worthwhile.
I've paid it for the last two years since they brought in VSU, but this year will be my last.
Remove VSU and bring back the compulsory fee, and you can have my $140 again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)