w00t! Eutrophication (1 Viewer)

mon_mon

HSC
Hey, anyone who contributed to that thread on Eutrophication in the Chem room a few days ago will be so chuffed! i was the only one of my school who knew what the thing was. i image its the same elsewhere.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
a lot of people at my school didn't know what it was either

mon_mon

HSC
pretty stupid to have such i minor thing worth so much. like i would have had no idea. its ocvered in about 3 sentences in our textbook, CC.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i just realised i actually posted that thread! i forgot, i didn't even come back to check the answers! well the answers were the differing definitions i had, which in essence are the same

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
it was about the tests as well.. which is why it was worth so much.

mon_mon

HSC
lol. it actually degenerated into a conversation about the water on school ovals.
So you didn't miss much.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by mon_mon
lol. it actually degenerated into a conversation about the water on school ovals.
So you didn't miss much.
haha... well.. it started out with good intentions.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
meh ...I completely filled the page, borders margins and all, including using "*" and "**" and "#" to make extra references at the top of the page lol... so much work for only 4 marks.... wasted heaps of time meh

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
it only goes to show that u need to know every dot point:p thats all

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
dunno, i did anyway just in case...like mb blue method, kjeldahl back titration, and the other colorimetry one

what did ppl say for the evaluate the relevance of the tests or whatever the q said?

i talked boutcertain tests measures effects or signs of eutrophication, like DO, BOD, turbidity etc and tests measuring causes like N and P concentrations and stuff and how the latter is more important cuz prevention is better than cure or sumfin

vegeta_316

Yeah same. I too mentioned the DO and BOD tests for nitrates and phosphates.
Was the N:p ratio 10:1 if you mentioned it??

hellohello

i said that eutrph. is a long procedure and the tests offer insight into possible areas that my undegoe eutro.

tests BOD and N:p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
dunno, i did anyway just in case...like mb blue method, kjeldahl back titration, and the other colorimetry one
i was like fuck this... when in doubt, chuck in Ion Selective Electrode, so i did... >.< might fuck that one up...

spark

Argh.. I lost marks everywhere. All i talked about was using evaporation and filtration, however a conductivity meter would have been better and AAS for low concentration of common ions etc and that these methods would be useful in monitoring eutrophication.. LOLOL. Could you tell I was grasping at straws?!

Shit. What a shandas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)