Wait til Friday (1 Viewer)

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
Hi, all my friends did the hsc last year and if there's any advice they would give ppl - its to wait til friday if u are aiming for a uai. By getting ur subject results u will be trying all day to "guess" ur uai, and its not worth the false expectations and stress. One of my friends last yr got good subject results and a very bad uai so just abit of advice for the nervous among us!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
hmm I think curiousity will get the better of me on thursday. So I will still check my HSC results on the day, but will care much more about my UAI

I was planning to wait in case i got good marks in my subjects but a low uai cause then i would be more disapointed...but now i'm not sure if i can wait that extra day, especially if all my friends check theirs and want to talk about it!

Rosie

Theres is nooo way i would have the self control to wait till friday lol i can't even wait till thursday!! but for those who are planning to wait till friday u are gonna have to, not answer the phone all day, stay in bed, no contact with friends and eat lots of topdeck!! :gridnod:

Christine

beige member
HSC
if i have time i will check, ahh the glamerous and busy lifestyle of a cosmo workie :p

mmhmm

hmm i think that lazseeker should b closed on thursday so no1 can get their hopes up!!! cuz i know if i end up not being able to control myself on thurday i will b so tempted to use lazseeker which would b horrible.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Waiting til Friday is a great idea I think...but easier said that done.:p I so wish the marks and the UAI came out on the same day. It would save a lot of people a lot of stress and disappointments. Or even better-you didn't get told UAIs, you just wait and see what offers you receive, rather than having an evil little number... :mad1:
People are either gonna get their marks and feel all cocky that they have done well then be disappointed...or think they haven't done well and stress when really they've done OK...or not know what to think and needlessly get even more worked up about it! Ugh!
:(

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Bon

And, yeah, I know someone who thought they did well last year, but 'well' is relative to everyone. -- Anyway, he got a UAI of around 50, so him and his family were shocked to say the least, they were actually sitting around crying.
Hope that doesn't happen to me :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
why wait when i can spend a day guessing and estimating ... and panicking ... a whole day to do all these things ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeah why wait till you get your UAI. No one will be able to resist the temptation to view their HSC results when all their friends are talking about who got what etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)