Wanting to be an English/History teacher....How would I go about it? (1 Viewer)

jarmie

HSC
I'm in Year 12 now, doing fairly well.
I'm currently studying English standard, Maths General, Ancient History, PDH and Business Studies. And I want to go into teaching English and Ancient History, my best subjects.
How would I go about this?

Skeeter

Banned
HSC
jarmie said:
I'm in Year 12 now, doing fairly well.
I'm currently studying English standard, Maths General, Ancient History, PDH and Business Studies. And I want to go into teaching English and Ancient History, my best subjects.
How would I go about this?
Get the marks required to get into university, then you take it from there. Pretty easy.

Why people want to be teachers is beyond me. I mean, you have been at school for 1/7 of your life, and you want to spend another 3/7 of your life being in the same place?

HSC
i'm doing education now, so yeh, get the marks u need to get into the uni you want, make sure u have plenty of prefrences in case u don't get into your first preference.

and goodluck!

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Skeeter said:
Why people want to be teachers is beyond me. I mean, you have been at school for 1/7 of your life, and you want to spend another 3/7 of your life being in the same place?
Some people have a passion. Although it may seem ridiculous with what teachers have to deal with, many gain satisfaction out of making a tangible difference. Others of course don't prescribe to this idealistic approach, but take a more pragmatic view. Generally fair salaries, good hours, flexibility and holidays. A good work life balance.

jarmie

HSC
Cool, seems fairly easy.
Around what is the required UAI?

HSC
jarmie said:
Cool, seems fairly easy.
Around what is the required UAI?
it depends on what ubi ur interested in, USYD is higher then say UWS.

look in the UAC book and/or site and it will tell u the cutoffs for 2008, u need to get at least that mark to get into the uni of ur choice

1harkina

HSC
macuarie is in the high 70's ->>> i go there for education its pretty fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)