Wanting to believe in a religious/spiritual etc but not at all? (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Does any one who is staunch atheist ever 'strongly' wishes to believe in a higher deity or supernatural force which is for the greater good?

Please satisfy my curiosity.

Thank you

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Lol isn't that what cultists do or something.

I think they believe aliens are some supernatural beings and they are doing everything for the good or something for humans and that when people die they become part of the alien master race or something.

Idk if that's scientology but I am sure there are cults that believe that there are aliens as you described.

enoilgam

HSC
I know someone who is like this - they are pretty much atheist agnostic but a large part of them wishes that they did believe in something to give life more meaning.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I know someone who is like this - they are pretty much atheist agnostic but a large part of them wishes that they did believe in something to give life more meaning.
Never too late to start.

Not sure why people say they "wish they did" but are adamant to not.

They may as well say they don't at all.

enoilgam

HSC
Not sure why people say they "wish they did" but are adamant to not.
I think it's just the fact that they cant bring themselves to believe in God. At the same time, they want the meaning and sense of purpose offered by religion.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think it's just the fact that they cant bring themselves to believe in God. At the same time, they want the meaning and sense of purpose offered by religion.
Yeah that seems like a personal dilemma then. However the fact that they can't bring themselves to believe is probably due to external forces.

I guess one day they will probably choose one way or the other.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I am agnostic/aiethist/don't care but It would be nice to have some answers to those type of questions.

hungry

HSC
Yeah I guess I'm kind of like that. I'm agnostic atheist but I sometimes kind of wish there was actually a god, or something out there, that would kind of just explain everything and make sense. I guess this also stems from my fear of death, like I don't wanna just die, I kind of want there to be some god who will grant me eternal life. But it doesn't exist as far as anyone knows.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
http://37.media.tumblr.com/ac1abd54eadde652635fecf4577ffd11/tumblr_mfz1paqG9d1qet3cgo1_250.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/d087179e1895de8e43f941d809852141/tumblr_mfz1paqG9d1qet3cgo2_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

wut

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I believe in choices and consequences.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I guess I'm kind of like that. I'm agnostic atheist but I sometimes kind of wish there was actually a god, or something out there, that would kind of just explain everything and make sense. I guess this also stems from my fear of death, like I don't wanna just die, I kind of want there to be some god who will grant me eternal life. But it doesn't exist as far as anyone knows.
It seems like you just want to have an answer to everything, even if it's not possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)