We got the easiest papers in the history of the HSC (1 Viewer)

bell_9192

HSC
Thats the biggest load of bullshit i have ever heard! Those english tests were really quite difficult!

mazarati

HSC
really? I wouldn't say the easiest. I thought that the Module A "aspirations and identity" question for Gatsby and Sonnets was quite tricky, and I really had to think on my feet for the Hamlet one, since I hadn't considered it from the 'loyalty' perspective before.

tku336

HSC
I thought it was pretty tough. You can say its easy when you get your 95+ mark back.

Liyo

HSC
really? I wouldn't say the easiest. I thought that the Module A "aspirations and identity" question for Gatsby and Sonnets was quite tricky, and I really had to think on my feet for the Hamlet one, since I hadn't considered it from the 'loyalty' perspective before.
Yeah, I wouldn't say it was the easiest paper in the history of hsc. I thought it was okay and the Hamlet one did get me thinking on me feet too >

zaefr

HSC
doubt it. fuct module A (richard) as amibition and identity werent even considered that relevant in the texts
+ ppl complaining about module B for skin of a lion

eh watever, we're the first year so we'll get marked relatively easier i guess

tku336

HSC
As my teacher always says "If you think it's easy, that's probably because you answered the wrong question." If you just plowed through your own thesis into the Critical (especially Hamlet, loyalty was a bitch) or Comparative ect. (esp F+B) then your not going to get above a 16 at most. The questions were fairly specific in terms of what you had to respond to.

untouchablecuz

HSC
As my teacher always says "If you think it's easy, that's probably because you answered the wrong question." If you just plowed through your own thesis into the Critical (especially Hamlet, loyalty was a bitch) or Comparative ect. (esp F+B) then your not going to get above a 16 at most. The questions were fairly specific in terms of what you had to respond to.
you give us mere mortals hope

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
OG, you're a dick. Having seen past questions for these modules, I haven't seen many as weird and different as this paper. I mean, Blade Runner/Frankenstein (ModA) wanted "Disruption" and "Identity" neither of which had anything to do with the syllabus and we'd never learnt about in class. We had 6 other themes/concepts, but not them.

Module B played right into my thesis anyway. Critical study of speeches and it asked about significance of "justice", again pretty unheard of. Reconciliation/unity/guilt work pretty well together to answer it.

Module C, the hardest one at our school I found had the easiest question, so I lived.

elmoateme

HSC
Not easy. All of them were somewhat doable though. History and memory was pretty simplistic, but mod A was all a bit unexpected. Exploring suffering and identity in Donne & W;t? what the hell. Mod B for speeches was pretty tricky, talking about the concept of justice in Atwood & Deane's speeches was... interesting

mckensara

HSC
i am not that good at english, but i wanted to make love to that paper

but my thesis for hamlet in a memorized essay was "We, along with Hamlet, contemplate where his loyalties lie within the chain of being"
and then i went into his filial duty (so loyalty) to avenge the death of his father, and how he had to measure this against notions of christian morality and faith and intellectual analysis. And his delay of revenge pronounced his fatal flaw of inaction due to this conflict in ideologies that are founded in the concept of loyalty.

and FR/BR: my thesis was about the regressive nature of science and technology (disruption) and the questioning of humanity and monstrosity (identity). awesome.

History and Memory: was a little tricky because i didn't prepare well for this module, i would assume i would get a 16/17 max.

all in all, a good paper!

jippie154

HSC
Thats the biggest load of bullshit i have ever heard! Those english tests were really quite difficult!
i completely agree! the question were so specific. like eg for yeats last year it was - how does he use poetic techniques to reveal memorable ideas = simple & broad
this year it was something about using human experience to signify desire ???
if you hadnt studied desire you had to make it up on the spot

no prepared essays :(
apparently they're cracking down on that...

Freckles14

HSC
I think the questions were weird... Gatsby/Browning was strange and Doll's House... well I sincerely hope we were allowed to disagree with the statement, since it had nearly nothing to do with the play. JC seemed super unsuited to the question :SJust did my best with it all.

jippie154

HSC
Disagree somewhat. Paper One, in my opinion, was a tad difficult (not cause of the one related text thing)
yeah no i agree too

section one was a little wierd...more just saying the same thing about belonging over & over in different words rather than analysing techniques (which in my experience it usually is...)

boo92

HSC
if ur complaining ur paper was easy just be glad u didnt do the standard paper lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)