web codes HELP! (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
im currently trying to add music clips (audio) to my msn myspace and i couldnt listen to the audios i posted, when i preview it, it plays the song, but when i post it it doesnt play and has a blank window instead with the HTML codes etc...

example:

<EMBED SRC="http://a425.v8384d.c8384.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/426/8384/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/2/24870/28226_1_17_05.asf" AUTOSTART="TRUE" LOOP="TRUE" CONTROLLER="TRUE" BGCOLOR="#FF9900"></EMBED><br><a href="http://www.webcodez.com"><b>Tons of Songs at WebCodez.com!</b></a>

http://www.webcodez.com

anyone can help me to fix this problem and so that i can post clip audios and listen to them?

Digital_Spork

HSC
I have a feeling it might be a bug in msn space... but not 100% sure yet. Ill look at it later :S

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
That code works for me. Myspace might not allow streaming includes, I'm not sure. Could you please link us to the page?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If you want to add a media player file you can do it this way: Open the edit section of your msn space and at the end of the url type:

&powertoy=musicvideo

Then go to customize->Modules->Click on 'PowerToy: Windows Media Player'

You then get a new box where you can enter the url of the file you want to play.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
acmilan said:
If you want to add a media player file you can do it this way: Open the edit section of your msn space and at the end of the url type:

&powertoy=musicvideo

Then go to customize->Modules->Click on 'PowerToy: Windows Media Player'

You then get a new box where you can enter the url of the file you want to play.

omg thanks for all the help :)

and btw im trying to add the url codes, but the codes wont fit into the box, what url code do i use???

Last edited:

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
bitchgirl said:
ok thanks, you know for the codes etc, and the media settings, do i leave it blank or add numbers?? or press revert??
eg
-------------------------------------
Position in sec.
Times to play
Rate to play
Auto Start
Display Mode Invisible None Mini Full
Right Click Menus
Depends on what you want it to do. The default settings are all fine:

Position in sec: 0
Times to play: 1
Rate to play: 1

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
acmilan said:
Depends on what you want it to do. The default settings are all fine:

Position in sec: 0
Times to play: 1
Rate to play: 1

ok, but when i post the url in the box and i click to view it, the song wont play at all and its blank when i view it, i print screen my msn myspace and what's wrong with it..

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think its because the url is too large, when i tried to paste it, it wouldnt fit. See if you can upload it somewhere else.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i've used tinyURL.com and it still doesnt work, what's the best way to upload ur music and into ur msn myspace media player, this thing drives me nuts for weeks on...and my msn myspace wont play the music clips i add on the url, its probably big but the url should manage to have the whole song being played, i previewed it and it blocks me from clicking the play button, somethings wrong :(

Last edited:

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i've fixed up everything and now it does play music in my msn myspace, finally
but with video clips, i only can hear the music but not the video of it, is there something wrong?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
There's a chance that the video isn't streaming but the audio is - I've had a few experiences of listening to, but not seeing a video. Apart from that, there's nothing else that comes immediately to mind.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)