Website template sites (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
Hi ppls,

I've got some time to spare atm and I thought of building a website. I've done this before, but I've forgotten a lot of the html and stuff that I learnt ages ago. Basically I just want something that looks pretty nice.

Does anyone know any good FREE website template sites? I plan to use Dreamweaver 4, Photoshop 6 and Coffee Cup Firestarter (this program that builds flash things for u).

Thanks`

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if you want templets then just browse the internet until you find a site you like and just copy and alter it

malkin86

HSC
If you're going to use Dreamweaver, then I'd suggest that you also use Tidy - it's like a spellchecker for HTML, that makes sure your HTML can be read perfectly by browsers other than IE.

I'm sure that I don't need to remind you of this, but Dreamweaver, like IE, uses MS-only HTML wierd rules that can totally stuff up your webpage if someone using another browser looks at it. Tidy can automagically fix the bad code. :)

stargaze

HSC
Hmm okay thanks.

I'm a bit of a webdesign n00b so any suggestions will be new to me and appreciated :)

HSC
N/A
unfortunately for you, a site that hosted many designs under creative commons licence has recently been having some trouble.

search slashdot for it, I can't remember the name of the site.

It hosted a lot of designs though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)