Website - video clip. What format? (1 Viewer)

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing a website and inserting some video clips into it. But I'm not sure what format the clips should be in. What players are the markers computers' expected to have? Like will they have Quicktime and Real Player or just Windows Media Player?

clarity

HSC
I'm having a similar 'dilemma'. I would imagine that the examiners would have XP or equivalent computers, which are supplied by BOS. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to make my clips Windows Media Player, as RM and QT sometimes require plug ins etc, although what if they view it on an Apple? Will that cause problems (I am Apple-illiterate lol)? By the way, how are you going about transforming your video, or is was it captured in digital media anyway?

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
The clips I've gotten are .wmv so they play on Windows Media Player. It says in the Extension 2 Syllabus booklet that I got that "programs must run on Macintosh OR Windows operating systems". So if yours can't work on Apple/Macintosh - just specify that you want it shown on a Windows XP operating system (the booklet, I'm pretty sure everyone has it, says that "student should submit technical specifications, installation and running instructions for their major work"). So I'm hoping that I can specify XP - which automatically has WMP. :)

By the way, how are you going about transforming your video, or is was it captured in digital media anyway?
The clips weren't captured by me. My clips are from a television program (probably from DVD), which I asked someone online to clip for me. So I don't know how they did it - sorry.

BradCube

HSC
I would be doing it in quicktime if you only want to have one source. This is because it will be compatible with both Mac's and PC's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)