Website/Video help? (1 Viewer)

clarity

HSC
Hey guys.

My MW is a website and I want to put about 6 30second movie clips onto it. But the thing is, the footage is on an analog video.
How would I go about transferring it from analog camera footage to Quicktime/Windows Media/Realtime/Whatever can be viewed on net?
I've enquired at my local Camera House and they have said that they can do it - for a price. I'm sure that there is an easy way to do it at home that I'm not clued into.

I really want it on the site, even if its not 100% necessary - it just adds to the MULTI media aspect. I'd also like to, if I have time and actually get the clips up, to put some sound files on also.

Any tips? They'd be much appreciated. :)

veridis

droog
HSC
if its on a newish video camera you might be able to transfer it direct. but not many analogue camera have this feature cause they usualy made em DV cameras if this purpose was intended. if its on a normal analogue video camera or on a VHS tape you'll need a video tuner card and appropriate cable. if you have a group of geekier friends theres a good chance you'll be able to find one who has a tv tuner card or knows someone that will let you do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)