Welcome Class of '04 (1 Viewer)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
hey everyone hows it going
just wanted to say howdy to all you who will be going through a year of blood, a year of sweat, and a year of no doubt tears, and throw periods of aggrivated stress in there somewhere aswell

either way its gonna be a rollercoaster of fun..trust me :p

i'm your moderator this year and am looking forward on taking you through studies of religion
i'd once again like to say howdy

well then, signing off now

seeyas and goodluck this year!!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~ :D

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol how did u get admin :)
well done
i know u have heaps of knowledge in sor hope u will be able to help peopel out
congrates!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
lol how did u get admin :)
well done
i know u have heaps of knowledge in sor hope u will be able to help peopel out
congrates!
slept my way to the top :p

Jennibeans

HSC
i say i think i'll need all the help i can get. as far as sor is concerned my macquarie revision guide is fast becoming a very good friend. my teacher (lovely as she is) must think its a great book too because she does love to photocopy out of it. she completely skipped the last dot point (the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations) and that makes it kind of difficult to understand the very last line that says students learn to analyse the contribution made by Aboriginal spiritualirt to the understanding of the nature of religious experience in Australia.
As I said long live the study guide.
I recommend it for those who haven't already come across it. Its part of the Macquarie revision guide series & summarises the ideas really well

= Jennifer =

HSC
this is my 300 post *woot woot*

anyway i agree the macquarie revision guides are very good i find the excel sor one very how you say, not helpful

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
nope im forced, but it aint all bad, its actually interesting, i doubt that itd count for me tho

Sasky

HSC
This post seems to have died ... hmmm - This subject is one of my most hated subjects. Oh, well - it's compulsory 4 me too. What r u guys studying next term?

ParanoidAndroid

We had a choice of doing Catholic studies (doesn't go towards the U.A.I) and S.O.R. I'm doing S.O.R.

So far we have done....
-Christian Churches and public morality 1901-present
- Christianity in Australian society within the period 1901 to the present.
- the role of religious trad. in the labour movement, conscription, wars and Great Depression.
- the role and responses of religious trad. in/to at least 3 of the following issues/political debates:
-abortion, divorce, euthanasia, gambling, indigenous rights, poverty, sexuality, the role in family,church workplace and society and unemployment.

Last edited:

cafrin

Originally posted by cro_angel
i wonder if anyone on here does religion voluntarily
uhh... i do?! heheh
not to sound too nerdy but i actually look forward to religion!! its a bit of a break from my other subjects and well... my teacher is fab and So not as uptight as some of my others... aND he brings us biscuits from the staffroom (bribery for work??)

ipa

me too

voluntary SoR...voluntary after discovering that Biology was not as fun as I had once thought...still out teach last year was pretty good and our new one isn't too bad...we've done like one page of work in five weeks... *gags*

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i do religion voluntarily. kinda sad really. and theres 2 of us in the class, one of them is the teachers daughter, so it's them two and me. oh well.

i feel sorry for people who are forced to do it, it takes any fun in it out

marezmac

The new mexican...
HSC
Originally posted by Jennibeans
i say i think i'll need all the help i can get. as far as sor is concerned my macquarie revision guide is fast becoming a very good friend. my teacher (lovely as she is) must think its a great book too because she does love to photocopy out of it. she completely skipped the last dot point (the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations) and that makes it kind of difficult to understand the very last line that says students learn to analyse the contribution made by Aboriginal spiritualirt to the understanding of the nature of religious experience in Australia.
As I said long live the study guide.
I recommend it for those who haven't already come across it. Its part of the Macquarie revision guide series & summarises the ideas really well
i must say i know exaclty how u feel!!!!! hmm.... photocopies, but yer, good book that

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Originally posted by smegger_em
me! i love it! i also love that there is heaps of people doing the course that don't want to, as they porbably won't work as much as me and so will make me look better :).
when you think about it, that theory actually works!
so to prove you wrong, i'm actually going to work in religion :D
i'm one of the forced ones.
damn catholic schools...:p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
specficially for the Catholic Students...

cro_angel said:
i wonder if anyone on here does religion voluntarily
i do!! Public schools... gotta love it. I was wondering, all the Catholic schools then that force the students to do SoR or Catholic Studies, do you have to do all the prelim depth studies in relation to Catholicism and the ISP in relation to Christianity/Catholicism and whatever (like music, architecture etc)

cos we get pretty much free reign to do whatever the hell we want outside of the syllabus dot points for the core...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
i do!! Public schools... gotta love it. I was wondering, all the Catholic schools then that force the students to do SoR or Catholic Studies, do you have to do all the prelim depth studies in relation to Catholicism and the ISP in relation to Christianity/Catholicism and whatever (like music, architecture etc)

cos we get pretty much free reign to do whatever the hell we want outside of the syllabus dot points for the core...
parra diocese= Christianity is compulsory and the option within it is Catholicism (which makes sense as the entire course revolves around Christianity if you look at it-written by Catholics for Catholic schools originally...the new course for 2006/2007 breaks this theory though).
ISP is free reign....

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
snapperhead said:
parra diocese= Christianity is compulsory and the option within it is Catholicism (which makes sense as the entire course revolves around Christianity if you look at it-written by Catholics for Catholic schools originally...the new course for 2006/2007 breaks this theory though).
ISP is free reign....
really? so if you went to a Catholic school and did religion and non religion for your ISP they wouldn't go skitz and make you do Christianity and Music or something??

Whats up for the 2006/2007 course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)