Welcome to the French Class of 2005! - Please read :) (1 Viewer)

2005ers, what course are you doing? (2005ers only!)

• Extension only (Film - Au revoir les enfants).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chepas

HSC
Bienvenue a` la classe de français de 2005!!!

Well well, you're now in Year 12 now. There's no turning back! :D. Anyway, I wish a warm welcome to you all and hope you render many happy visits here, to our 'petit paradis sur BOS'.

Few little directions to help find the way, as there has been a growing number of good suggestions and threads with a lot of stuff:

- There are many threads already here to serve you with your quest for info. So before posting a new thread you can do a search of the forum by clicking on "Search This Forum" at the top right-hand corner of this message and see what it brings. You never know what you might find! If you can't find it, please don't hesitate to ask in a new topic.

- The main thread here is the Parlons-nous le français ici! (sic) - the thread where you talk about anything. Here, the conversation is in French, so it sort of justifies its spammy nature, heh :rolleyes:. Also, it has been really good of late, as in the the Continuers (and I am sure also the Beginners) there are always writing tasks where you talk in a series of emails, or in a discussion among friends etc. No better place to come and practice your French.

Also, it would be appreciated if we kept all and any conversation in that thread, as sometimes the info/resource threads do tend to get carried away into an Abyss of Tangents and Conversation. Cheers.

- Some of the more commonly looked-at threads are about French slang and argot, which is a big bonus for writing tasks. Click here for one thread on it, and here for another especially dedicated to people's finds and vocab of argot.

*NEW* - Sammy_b offers tutoring for those who study Beginners. More info see this thread.

- Past Papers: Also there also a lot of requests for various different school's Past Papers, which you'll really want when the HSC looms over your head. Many people's offerings and offers to send papers to you can be found in a number of existing threads. Click here for one which so far caters only to Continuers, jusqu'a` présent, but feel free to add stuff to it! Practice, practice, practice is our mantra, so here are some practice Continuers' questions from malkin86, really good. Another one for some Beginners' papers but not many at the moment - but it is forever growing. Here's another thread about the reading comprehension for Continuers. Interesting hardships...

- I have a personal site with French stuff, for Beginners and Continuers, that I update every so often with new stuff as I get it. http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/chepas/frcont2004/ohstrial.html is the link. I have recently updated it (17 February) into seperate sections of Beginners, Continuers and Extension, as well as a seperate 'Miscellaneous' section, to make it easier to find stuff relevant to your course. I'm also hoping to get some new past papers and other stuff soon.

- Speaking: A great fear among all of us, at some point along our Francophone journey or other. First, here's a link for Extension speaking, past questions, a speaking tips sheet. Passez-y donc un coup d'oeil! Here is a thread where we've expressed various stresses over the Extension exam.

- Listening: Here's a link of a thread with some links for listening that might be helpful, wonderful internet sources. For some tips on how to tackle the listeninghere's another link to another thread.

- Extension: There are already some threads about Marius et Jeannette. Number One, Number Two.

- Of course learning French isn't just about learning French! The living language can also be enjoyed entertainment-wise. Click here for discussion about French movies, and here's another old one. For music, here's one about that right here.

Alors, venez participer a` la bonne conversation, et faites comme chez vous! C'est votre foyer aussi! I'm your new moderator as of 8th of February, at your service, so I'll definitely be hanging around BOS after the HSC 2004. So feel free to PM me and ask me stuff etc. While my specialties are Continuers and Extension (Marius et Jeannette), there'll be others around too, so hopefully us old francophiles will be there to lend a hand.

And last but not least, bonne chance et bon courage pour vos études de français!!!

Amitiés,
Chépas :D.

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
Speaking: A great fear among all of us, at some point along our Francophone journey or other.
So true. Thank goodness THAT'S over.

That's some pretty comprehensive material there 05ers!! Definately worth a look!

Bonne chance et bon courage! You'll enjoy it. ;)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I'm going to set up camp in this forum for 2005.

I love you chepas.

Please stick this one as well, it is bound to become the most valued thread for french 2005ers.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
De rien tlm :D

Whenever I FINALLY get a functioning internet connection at home meaning I can be on here more often, I'll apply for mod... hopefully :D.

I also want to envisage another French meet-up. There are TONNES of movies out, Après vous being very good, and of course the French Film Fest in Sydney in March, so there shall be ample opportunity...

But for other NSW, I don't know how to make that work too :(. Maybe, we could have French BOS camp somewhere on the north coast/other than Syd and make a pilgrimage! Mdr...

chepas

HSC
It was excellent! The ending left me high and dry but then again that comes when someone s'habituent a` the Hollywood School of Ending Films. Typical farce in a kind of way but still, go see it! By the time you read this message you will probably come to realise this fact anyway :rolleyes:, as I write this message in Dick Smith at Macquarie. (LOOKING FOR A DAMN NETWORK CARD THAT IS TOO OLD COS MY COMPUTER IS ANCIENT. REALLY ANCIENT). Stupid Telstra/Computer/World....

My net habits are getting desperate, if I am getting net for free in a SHOP...... mmm...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chepas said:
My net habits are getting desperate, if I am getting net for free in a SHOP...... mmm...
ROTF!! I went without a computer for 1 1/2 weeks and within a week I'd become pretty desperate. Pathetic really. :D

Gonna drag my mother over to Roseville this arvo to see it. Been yonks since I've watched a french film... :eek:

chepas

HSC
Where art thou?

Elle est où, la classe de 2005?

I hope that the hols have been restful and relaxing, and that my alliterrrration can continue :D.

So, venez! Tombez amoureux de la belle langue française! Tombez sous sa charme!

Comme un ours a` la chaîne
Toujours sous tes yeux bleus
Se traîne
L'océan monstreux.
Alfred de Musset, Ballade a` la lune
Soyez cet ours qui aime cette chaîne! Hehe.

But above all, have fun :)
Chépas :D.

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Anyway... How is everyone going so far? Not too hard i hope. My teacher is such a bitch, but i will keep cause i know/think/hope i will get band 6

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Going Terribly!

Our teacher really sucks.. spents more time teaching verbs than the syllabus.. the main phrase that everyone knows is

je voudrais faire l'amour avec moi

and thats just because it was so random.. (i would like to make love to myself)

In our 1/2 yearlys our teacher told us most of the answers.. we just all sucked that bad.

ahh well!

thankyou for all these wonderful resources though!! :)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Randomness is fun! I recall one friend's favourite phrases being 'I am contagious' and 'I am a vampire' another friend's were 'I am the turkey of love' and 'I live in a giant peanut'.

We we a very, very weird bunch. :D

Lileane

HSC
Cou cou tout le monde!
How does everybody?

Ergh I'm quite annoyed at not having gone and seen something during the French Film Festival despite encouragement from teacher but...I guess I'll live.

I did really want to watch "Look at Me" though, and after watching the Cesars I realised there were heaps of great movies.

Srah202038

Awesomenaut
HSC
French is awesome. Love this subject so hard.
Though I must admit, Extension Speaking makes me want to cry, I really do suck that hard... (Really, I just don't write enough essays as prep, but whatever)

I believe that my friend's favourite phrase was always, "Je suis le reigne du fromage." (Although I nearly put "chomage", giving it a COMPLETELY different meaning.)

So happy with the Uni - that is, Uni of Newcastle, my local. They had so many job cuts... But they're keeping French (though German is by correspondance)!

So, have you kids actually been to France - or another francophone country? I haven't, but damn I want to go to France for a while. It would be amazingly awesome. Probably amazingly expensive too, but you get that.

Insouciance

HSC
Srah202038 said:
So happy with the Uni - that is, Uni of Newcastle, my local. They had so many job cuts... But they're keeping French (though German is by correspondance)!
Newcastle Uni? That's where I'll be next year and I was concerned that French was one of the languages cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)