what a bunch of rude pricks!!! (1 Viewer)

loser101

HSC
i went to uws open day at parramatta, talked to the medical department about pathways into medicine, and what a bloody rude prick he was.

no fucken personality, he was like, yeah what do you want sort of thing.

fuck off UWS you fuckwits.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Perhaps if you weren't so stupid to need alternative pathways into medicine, the gentlemen would have considered actually caring?

hannahxxx

HSC
I've noticed that there are quite a few professors out there who come across as unconcerned/rude/arrogant- I don't think it's uni specific. Though there are also some really nice ones out there as well. You just have to hope that you get the good ones

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Perhaps if you weren't so stupid to need alternative pathways into medicine, the gentlemen would have considered actually caring?

ShaneRichards13

HSC
I was there yesterday in the psych department, and the people were quite nice and helpful, i swear i had 15-20 minutes worth of questions and they answered them all. But how packed was it yesterday hey?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
yeah your right if i was smarter i wouldnt need to go to UWS :D
Yeah, it's not like UWS Medicine and UNSW Medicine have the same UAI cut-off to be considered...

...oh wait...they do.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
People don't get into medicine because they care about other people.

G

Gavvvvvin

With your attitude, I wouldn't give you the time of day either. If you don't like UWS, don't come, we already have enough shit cunts.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
yeah everyone with a 100uai choose UWS instead on UNSW :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
What?
The cut-off for consideration at UNSW and UWS was both 95+...
I'd say a lot off 99+ UAI people applied to UWS and got rejected for medicine as the cut-off for B Science (advanced) at UWS was 99.60 last year. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:
With your attitude, I wouldn't give you the time of day either. If you don't like UWS, don't come, we already have enough shit cunts.
hahaha

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Look they probably weren't all that nice and they should have tried to be at least polite but you have to remember they have to deal frequently with the same questions etc most of which can be looked up online or found out on open days etc.. its the end of the road for uni selections and they have been dealing with this for ages and they are probably sick of answering questions. I would be too considering most options are easily accessable online, independently, and you will notice once you go to uni that you need to try and find these things out for yourself before you ask. Besides heaps probably want them to be miracle workers and find a pathway that doesn't exist.

loser101

HSC
ari89 said:
What?
The cut-off for consideration at UNSW and UWS was both 95+...
I'd say a lot off 99+ UAI people applied to UWS and got rejected for medicine as the cut-off for B Science (advanced) at UWS was 99.60 last year. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
you know shit about the entry process, so u better stop talking shit

if you got a UAI of 95, you then need a higher UMAT like 220

if you got a UAI of 100, then you will only need a UMAT of 150

not many people who get a UAI of 95 get remotely close to UMAT 220, so UAI of 95 is only half the story.

go ask UNSW how many students that got UAI of 95 got a place.... ummm yeah thats right none

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
Sorry, but how did I demonstrate that?
Go fuck off as you've completely showed yourself to be a dumbshit:D

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Or maybe you could just post some more about how the world is against you and that DFEE students are evil:D

G

Gavvvvvin

loser101 said:
And judging by your other thread, neither do you :hammer:

kcchippy

HSC
wrxsti said:
people are rude, deal with it.

Yes, they are and having dealt with university pathways into medicine, you're going to get brushed off a lot more times before you get the answers you want.

Out of interest, what did you actually ask the person about pathways into med?

Sometimes you think they're just rude or unconcerned, but actually they a) might not know how to answer your question or b) might not understand what exactly you are asking.

Furthermore, UWS med people are not even chosen in the same way as UNSW med people are, so it makes it rather difficult to compare. Whereas UNSW is 1/3 academic, UMAT and interview - UWS only uses academic as a cutoff. This means that whether people get 99 or 95, they are treated equally in terms of getting an interview (to be honest when it comes to university and in the 'real' world outside of 'school' - there's not too much difference between most who got 99 and those who got 95 - at least in my experience). Thus the UMAT is the primary tool for getting an interview at UWS and the interview is the primary (almost 75% of the weighting - straight from UWS manager) reason for getting into the course. So when you compare the admissions processes between UNSW and UWS, unless you can find evidence from a peer reviewed journal article (which is unlikely since there's only 1 UWS year), it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges, at least I think so.

Furthermore the statement that UAI correlates with UMAT as in "Not many who get 95 can get 220 UMAT" in my experience is false, I've never heard any evidence of this being the case. UAI and UMAT are not measuring the same things and neither of them is a true test of intelligence - and therefore to say that you have to be 'dumber' to get into UWS is simply being misinformed (especially since UWS for the most part considers interviews as more important than either of the aforementioned).

magicboy

HSC
i have deal with one of the craziest teachers at school and i didnt really blame them

i had teachers throw shit at me so much and it didnt matter cause they were the teachers and in the of the day...we were friends

sometimes people throw shit at you just to joke.and then u take it and sometimes u dont

sometimes however people scream and yell and shout and swear at you for no apparant reason even when youre nice! again u dont stress or panic...u thing about it and say.to hell with it!

mate...learn how to manage stress and i promise you will be o.k! also learn from donald trump! :shy: :D :p ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)