what did you write about in the extended english response (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
one of my friends wrote about writing the english test. thats original
everyone thinks there stories are cliche. mine is about a time machine using the stop watch. haha cliche much.
it gets better though. he goes back about 15 years (1990's) in the event of after a cyclone...so everything is damaged. hes a doctor and scientist btw. he then finds a women whos upset coz her children are stuck in a collapsed house and needs his help. however due to lack of time left for my english exam, his stopwatch/time machine comes in again. he realises he only set it for 5 minutes so in frusturation he throws the stopwatch on ground and it breaks. he has no proof of his discovery now. loll. the end.

klaris

HSC
Mine was a girl looking back on her life at 17.

The scene is she stole the her HSC exam papers (with answers) from a locked room. She met a guy there (same age) and he helped her.

She got a perfect score and ended up a rich millionaire.

She never told anyone.

Her name was Jenny and the guy's name was Michael.

I chose the key.

bwahaha. Sounds lame.

Oh well. FTW!!

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
I wrote the same story I got 19/20 for in the Yr9 yearlies... Lol

Story was about a lazy boy and mother... they wake up really slowly one morning and theyre both not bothered for the day..

Then his mum starts frantically looking for the car keys.. she cant find anything, looks for 40 mins, heavily late for school...

once they get 2 school... no one is there, no parked cars or anything... the 'defeaning silence'

"Ugh mum.... I think it's Pupil Free Day today"

:)

spriinkles

HSC
I wrote a mad story about a chick who had bulimia and went to the bathroom.
"as i stuck my fingers down my throat a whole new world begins to erupt" <-- direct quote from my story ;). She walks back to the classroom everyone is staring at her, she realises she has vomit on her shirt. Alot more detailed as you can imagine lol. It was suppose to be based on the key, which i mention twice and was used to open the toilet haha.

I wonder if the markers will think im sick twisted kid?
this is gold!

S

Sampri93

I did the Dice one.

Mine was all about luck, gambling... luck of the draw, rolling the dice etc.

In summary, a man who takes too many chances eventually ends up taking one too many...

Oobadoo

HSC
I chose the "watch" and wrote about an elderly lady, who wakes up and, upon seeing the date, circled in red, she goes about cleaning the house and preparing it for an arrival, then she departs to the train station to wait (watch comes in here). After several hours, she leaves, and a local boy asks her mum who she is waiting for, and it is then revealed she is waiting for her son, who died in the army. The mother comments that she will be "back there tomorrow", and the first line of the story is used to conclude it, showing the repeating cycle of her life.
^^ Damn, thats really good! I chose the dice and used it as a metaphor for the main characters life. It was pretty crap and abstract:
The guy just visited a hospital and is talking to himself when a "spectre" appears. It talks to him about causality and how you shouldn't let yourself be dominated by fate. It ends up he symbolises the character's mum's illness. A bit bizarre.

Oobadoo

HSC
Btw, did alot of anyone else's cohort write about cancer? Five people in my year included it as an intergeral part. Apparently its one of the things you must NOT base a story on, really cliched. I've heard other cliched/tacky/predicatable things include:
  • "...and then I woke up."
  • "...and thats when I realised I was dead."
  • um, and others I can't think of!

Hardstylez

HSC
My story was about the stopwatch

A wizard had a stopwatch that would tell him when the town would be destroyed, and he has to go and save the town, but he dies at the end

Cool story :p

Holly M

HSC
I chose to use the pocket watch thing, (I couldn't resist, it has very funny references to my favourite TV show). Anyway I usually try to write stories where nothing much happens but it is written well and descriptive etc, however in my trial I tried to write a sort of horror/action thing, and that failed miserably, so I decided to go back to writing descriptively for the actual exam.

I wrote about an old man who was reminiscing about a pocket watch he had and how it was with him virtually all his life, he remembered the war his wife etc and it was about the watch being the only constant in his life because everything changes and even it was a symbol of how time never stops etc, in the end he gives it to his son because he thinks he needs it more than him. Naturally it sounded a lot better than this summary. I thought the idea pretty much sucked but I think I actually wrote a decent story.

I got 95 for English so it must have been alright, (P.S. 95 is bloody ridiculous for English, I suck at it!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)