what do i need 4 uni? (1 Viewer)

jenni_k

HSC
hi there,

this may sound really stupid or obvious but id really like some help.

im hopefully going 2 newie this yr to do PE Teaching and im not sure what ill need stationery wise...

im not sure how many subjects ill be doing and what not, so if somebody could give me some ideas, eg use lever arch file or note books.

thx

SweetSeasons

HSC
I just use ne note pad.. and re write the notes when I get home into a note book for each unit.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have a scribble book that I write random stuff in and at the end of the semester throw away. I rely completely on the lecture notes posted online.

Depending on the approach you take you'll need different stuff. I think your best bet is probably a notebook that you write in during lectures and then type up when you get home.

rific

HSC
You'll probably be doing 4 courses per semester. Just use whatever you're comfortable with. I just take a pen and either an A5 pad or student diary to lectures, and I generally use a lecture pad in tutes, or whatever is handy. Ring binders are probably a bit big to be entirely practical in lectures. Many of the lecturers in the education side also make use of lecture notes that you can take off the internet, which you can print and write on, which seems popular with people that like to take notes.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
The School of Education has decided, however, that it's ok to post lecture notes 15minutes before the commencement of the lecture. Get your skating shoes on! Or pen or whatever. I like to have things for each course separate, but generally write on one lecture pad, then transfer things into the appropriate place.

Make sure you have a hard surface to lean on tho! The first year education lectures will most probably be in the Griffith Duncan Theatre, and there are only desks in the first few rows...

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
get yourself some spirex lecture books and some pens for lecture notes. Use lever arch folders to keep handouts / assessment tasks in etc.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:
The first year education lectures will most probably be in the Griffith Duncan Theatre, and there are only desks in the first few rows...
In that case, buy shares in a coffee company; the amount of caffiene you need to stay awake in HGDT is incredible.

As for stationary, I tend to have one book that I write everything in, and transfer it to folders at home (one for each subect)...umm thats it, really. Remember, that space on lecture tables (unless you're in Basden or something) is generally minimal at best.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
In that case, buy shares in a coffee company; the amount of caffiene you need to stay awake in HGDT is incredible.

I know! How dark is it in there?? Makes it easy to have fun in the back of the theatre tho :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha I never sat up the back, I forced myself to sit down the front, so I could concentrate, and I still ended up 98% asleep most of the time.

Lay back, feet up on the armrest of the seat in front, squishlle down into the seat..mmm...

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
haha I never sat up the back, I forced myself to sit down the front, so I could concentrate, and I still ended up 98% asleep most of the time.

Lay back, feet up on the armrest of the seat in front, squishlle down into the seat..mmm...
nice nice, not as easy to do in the nursing theatre is it??

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i use those lecture pads that have dividers and a section ofr each subject, and keep all my handouts in the pockets in the book.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i use random notepads from work or write on handouts or lecture notes ive preprinted (rare) and then go crazy at exam time cos i cant find any of my notes
dont do what i do

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
often if I get a florentine or something from the bar on the hill I take it out of the bag really quickly, so the bag doesn't get greasy and write on that..

makes for a tasty treat come study time :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:
nice nice, not as easy to do in the nursing theatre is it??
OMG, I feel like a soldier sitting in NURSTH!!

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
hey, i had one book- the spiral one with space for four classes. it had a thing in between each class that i could shove handouts/notes/assignments in. worked really well 1st semester, but then i lost the one i bought for 2nd sem. so i used it again in all the free spaces. haha but no really, it did work, im gonna do it that way again.

take a couple of pens, some aeroguard if ur coming to newy, (seriously, i ignored other ppls warnings and i still have scars on my legs from all the mossies!!!) a highlighter or two, a bottle of water, some money for pasta in shortland union (now called something else???) and for the first two weeks in both semesters, u will need a map.

also a handy hint, try and make friends straight away. by halfway thru the first term of S1, everyone has a group of friends, and they r a lot less inviting to new ppl (its OK again in S2 when they r all in diff classes!) but really, be extra friendly. uni is great fun for meeting awesome ppl u never thought u would b friends with.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Haha, I'm now immune to the Newcastle mozzies. I was at Forster a while ago and got eaten alive, but whenever I'm at uni they leave me alone.

As for pasta, no, please, don't do it to yourself. The pasta in the Hunter Cafeteria is disgusting, and the Brennan Room is only marginally better. If you want pasta, the stuff from the BotH is pretty good.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Haha, I'm now immune to the Newcastle mozzies. I was at Forster a while ago and got eaten alive, but whenever I'm at uni they leave me alone.

As for pasta, no, please, don't do it to yourself. The pasta in the Hunter Cafeteria is disgusting, and the Brennan Room is only marginally better. If you want pasta, the stuff from the BotH is pretty good.
the campus mozzies eat me alive. Overkill!! they even get me in the lectures

so i end up wearing long sleeves at the start of the year

someone said that eating bananas attracts them? (BS i reckon)

the pasta is alright over there (maybe ive been eating too much college food)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)