• A Bored of Studies event for HSC students
    Coming soon...
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do I need in order to succeed in history extension? (1 Viewer)

SPP270717936]/02

HSC
What is that I need or require for me to succeed in history extension. I'm pretty worried about picking history extension in year 12. Since I'm really not that confident in my wording of my essays. My essays are somewhat verbose too. Right now I'm in year 11. So would I just need to practice writing essays from now?

_rakelt

HSC
I was super worried about not doing well in history extension seeing that I was doing standard english (and not adv) which is NOT true as I got a band 6/E4 :) Hard work is what will help you.

Essays in extension history differs from english in that there is no fixed form to answer essay questions and is very "flexible". As a result, if your not confident, always get feedback from your teacher! I emailed my teacher so many times but it is good to get feedback.

If your not familiar with the sophisticated vocab in history ext essays, always read past exemplar essays. If you don't have any, request some from your teacher (just like mine). My teacher gave us a whole booklet of past exemplar essays, which you could analyse and grasp the idea on how to present the ideas within the subject.

If your teacher don't give you any exemplar, feel free to shoot me a msg and I can give you some exemplar responses from myself and past students.

HSC
I was super worried about not doing well in history extension seeing that I was doing standard english (and not adv) which is NOT true as I got a band 6/E4 :) Hard work is what will help you.

Essays in extension history differs from english in that there is no fixed form to answer essay questions and is very "flexible". As a result, if your not confident, always get feedback from your teacher! I emailed my teacher so many times but it is good to get feedback.

If your not familiar with the sophisticated vocab in history ext essays, always read past exemplar essays. If you don't have any, request some from your teacher (just like mine). My teacher gave us a whole booklet of past exemplar essays, which you could analyse and grasp the idea on how to present the ideas within the subject.

If your teacher don't give you any exemplar, feel free to shoot me a msg and I can give you some exemplar responses from myself and past students.
Can i have some example essays to improve my modern history essay skill

jojosiwa123

HSC

hey do you still have these exemplar essays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)