What Does It Feel Like After The 19th? (1 Viewer)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey All
I'm just wondering what it feels like to have completed your hsc and to have your uai.
For the people who attained the uai they were hoping for, is it a feeling of relief or does it feel somewhat weird that you wont be attending school anymore?
For the people who didn't attain the uai they desired what does it feel like? Do you feel proud of your own efforts, that you managed to pass the hsc, or do you have regrets about year 12?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The best feeling of all, regardless of UAI, is the feeling that everything is finally off your back.

No more HSC business, no more HSC assessments, no more 9am-3pm everyday.

Well for me that is.

N

ND

Originally posted by Craig

For the people who didn't attain the uai they desired what does it feel like? Do you feel proud of your own efforts, that you managed to pass the hsc, or do you have regrets about year 12?
I regret not changing to a good school, and regret not doing any work in english throughout the year. I also regret experimenting with a stupid technique (which i had only tried once before) in 4u... But i scored high enough to get into what i wanna do so i'll get over it...

frenchy

Originally posted by Craig

It feels depressing as i worked soo hard through out the whole year getting top marks and rankings. Then being let down by your exams.
I regret being over confident, I was told by everyone that i'd do well, and my teachers told me since im doing so well in my assessments i will do fine in my exams, because of this i felt i would be fine, which led to my fall.
I wish i prepared my self better, i focused on learning as much as possible even when i knew it, and didn't practice writing essays etc.
And last of all im disapointed how i didnt use my time effectively in exams.

Dont get me wrong, i'am happy that i have finished yr 12, but i feel i let my self down big time after all my work through the year.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by frenchy
Dont get me wrong, i'am happy that i have finished yr 12, but i feel i let my self down big time after all my work through the year.
agreed..

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
well, this is a year late...but i was stoked at the time, but now i realise how much better i could have done at school..if i worked at school like i did at uni, my UAI would have been a lot higher

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
i just feel bored afta the hsc full stop.....someone entertain me
i agree..im bored and sluggish its maddening. I cant get a job, everyone is still post-xmas employed.

May as well get naked and dance to the beatles (alone in the house of course)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I am bored and excited at the same time.. it's an emotional combination.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If I worked harder I could have done better. But I made the decision that I wanted to have a balanced life and working my fingers to the bone so-to-speak just wasn't going to make for an enjoyable last year of school (they need to make school one year longer or have the HSC in year 11 so we can FULLY enjoy year 12!). Still, Im very satisfied with what I got.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i feel relieved i don't have to do the hsc ever again! no one can take it away from me! and i feel relieved to not have to go to school, getting slightly more nervous every year thinking i am slowly approaching the hsc!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I was unhappy with my UAI.... I'd worked really hard all year and I had hoped for higher... the weeks and weeks of uncertainty after getting my results and waiting to see if they were going to get me in to my course (I was worried that they wouldn't) were the worst. I was depressed, although I put on a brave face in public (you have to if you get a high UAI and are dissapointed, otherwise people treat you as if you are conceited), I was really feeling down, like everything had been a total waste of time. All the stuff I'd sacrificed for my UAI seemed like a waste now. But when I found out that I am probably in to my course, it was some closure and now that all the waiting and emotional turmoil is pretty much over things are looking better and I can't wait to go to uni and get a fresh start.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
If I worked harder I could have done better. But I made the decision that I wanted to have a balanced life and working my fingers to the bone so-to-speak just wasn't going to make for an enjoyable last year of school (they need to make school one year longer or have the HSC in year 11 so we can FULLY enjoy year 12!). Still, Im very satisfied with what I got.
i feel exactly the same way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)