What happens if 1st internally ranked does poorly in externals? (1 Viewer)

lolitaaa

HSC
The girl coming 1st in physics internally always used to take a day off on the assessment day, and then used to try and cheat and find out what the questions were in the exams. :( She is doing well, but no one is suspecting her.
Her raw assessment mark is 92 ~ ish so if she does poorly in hsc will that affect all of us below her?
Or does it not matter since the person coming first in external gives the internal 1st a high assessment mark and everyone else is good?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothin happens unless they are the only person who has a brain

Simile

HSC
N/A
I thought the person who is first does poorly, the entire cohorts mark becomes moderated badly.

photastic

HSC
I thought the person who is first does poorly, the entire cohorts mark becomes moderated badly.
At the end of the day, the higher the aggregate of the total marks, the more marks they can redistribute for the assessment mark. There is perhaps no difference in terms of effects when the 1st or last student does poorly because this simply means the aggregate is dropped. Hence everyone's mark is equally important :S

D94

HSC
N/A
Moderation is primarily based on the highest and lowest HSC exam marks. First does not have to achieve the highest exam mark, but it would be expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)