what happens if you make this mistake? (1 Viewer)

cf123

HSC
Say you answer a question correctly but decide it's wrong (and put a line through it), then you answer it incorrectly, do the markers give you any marks for doing it correctly first? .. assuming you've crossed it out in a way that still allows the answer to be seen.anyone know?..

lukadore

HSC
i'm pretty certain they disregard everything that's been crossed out, so you won't get marks for that, but if it's a 2 or 3 mark question, and you haven't crossed the working out, you should get marks for that :)

madsam

God among men
HSC
if its crossed out and you havnt written another solution, they'll mark it
but if you answered it twice and crossed the first one out, its the second that gets marked

so just hope the second one was correct

raniaaa

:)
HSC
my teacher (who is a hsc maths judge) said it all gets marked. say the question was out of 2 marks, you answered it crossed it out then tried again. if the crossed out mark is right they'll give you one mark.
that's why they say don't scribble out your answers, draw a neat line through it cos that could be the right answer.
also show all your working out on the same paper, try not to get a scrap booklet for working out cos if you're working out is right and you ran out of time they won't see it and you'll get no marks.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
my teacher (who is a hsc maths judge) said it all gets marked. Say the question was out of 2 marks, you answered it crossed it out then tried again. If the crossed out mark is right they'll give you one mark.
That's why they say don't scribble out your answers, draw a neat line through it cos that could be the right answer.
Also show all your working out on the same paper, try not to get a scrap booklet for working out cos if you're working out is right and you ran out of time they won't see it and you'll get no marks.
+1

JacintaLeax

HSC
My teacher also said that if you've crossed it out and written another solution they will still acknowledge it if its still legible to read. (So not completely scribbled out)

Intermission

HSC
You're all wrong. Anything crossed out is left out.

Of marking.

LordPc

HSC
You're all wrong. Anything crossed out is left out.

Of marking.
you know it is very hard to accept your argument when you provide no evidence. its like saying "you are wrong. the moon isnt made of cheese, its make of chocolate".

if you crossed out a correct solution and rewrote an incorrect one, then you would still get marks for the correct solution. if it was a 1 mark question, perhaps not, but otherwise, I'd say you would at least half marks.

its very hard in math to reach a solution by chance, so if you have the correct answer, then it shows you know what you are doing in part, and therefore you get marks

Sau

HSC
you know it is very hard to accept your argument when you provide no evidence. its like saying "you are wrong. the moon isnt made of cheese, its make of chocolate".

if you crossed out a correct solution and rewrote an incorrect one, then you would still get marks for the correct solution. if it was a 1 mark question, perhaps not, but otherwise, I'd say you would at least half marks.

its very hard in math to reach a solution by chance, so if you have the correct answer, then it shows you know what you are doing in part, and therefore you get marks
i agree with you
coz the teachers dont want to take away the marks they want to give you marks but i do feel sorry them since they have to crack our codes lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)