• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is "Researching Form" (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
I don't understand what this "researching form" means. What is "form"?. And when we research into our mediums does that mean, for e.g., short story or film etc?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
illmatic said:
I don't understand what this "researching form" means. What is "form"?. And when we research into our mediums does that mean, for e.g., short story or film etc?
well on my proposal sheet thing I take form to mean medium, i.e. story, poetry etc.

HSC
N/A
Form is pretty much medium.

You'll need to look at how different composers use the techniques etc of their chosen form in different ways to produce different effects etc etc. Does that help any more? This links in heavily with the "wider reading" you're supposed to do in EE2. If you can keep a track of everything you read and jot down a few points on what exactly it was that they did and how it worked (and how well) then you should be on the right track :)

persephone

HSC
basically, it is to research the medium. when i was researching short stories i read some guides to writing short stories, i interiewed an author, reading different types of short stories helps. reading novels/books that are similar to your topic and seeing how they approached writing it.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
guides to short stories? i heard u had to read essays on the short story form O.O"
sooooooooo where do u find these essays ?=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)