What is the best season to travel in Vietnam? (1 Viewer)

deontebolaw

HSC
N/A
How easy is it to travel in Vietnam without being on an organised tour. Are there signs in English?What is there in the way of B and Bs or similar?How good is public transport?Are women harassed?

Last edited:

Peter Goudge

HSC
N/A
Peter Goudge - response to Deontebolaw

Hi deontebolaw

I just noticed your post from last November about Vietnam. I've been living & working here for the past 7 years. You may wish to have a look at my school's website: www.avse.edu.vn. Regarding your questions, I'll deal with them individually:

1. How easy is it to travel to Vietnam without being on an organised tour?

While organised tours are fine for older people, most adventurous types & younger people would find 'the restrictions' frustrating. It's easy and safe to travel in Vietnam independently. The locals are very hospitable and many people here speak English - certainly in the popular tourist destinations. Those who come to Vietnam as an independent traveller, inevitably don't stay 'independent' for long. You can be assured that you'll meet many other travellers - from all over the world - who'd be happy for a bit of company on occasions.

2. Are there signs in English?

Yes, everywhere.

3. What is there in the way of B & B's or similar?

'Mini Hotels' are everywhere and they're cheap. You'll find a decent hotel in downtown HCMC for as little as $10.00 a night - even less.

4. How good is Public Transport?

Taxis (cars), motorbike taxis & buses go everywhere and are cheap. Yesterday I took a 45 minute bus ride to downtown HCMC from where I live and it cost 15 cents.

5. Are woman harassed?

In my view, there's a much greater chance that you'd be harassed in Melbourne or Sydney compared to HCMC & Hanoi.

If you have any more questions about life here in Vietnam, I'm happy to help if I can.

Cheers

Peter Goudge

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Every tourist will be harassed to buy useless shite, but you just get used to it.

Ringor

HSC
Best season would depend whether you're bothered by hot or cold weather, Vietnam typically has 2 major monsoons which bring about heaps of rain or icey cold temperatures!

Heard April/May is a good time to go for a balance of hot/cool.

Rowan2020

Banned
HSC
dude i have spent a lot of time in Vietnam especially in the summer with my friends last year.One of the beautiful place especially for tourists and Every European people have like that place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)