what is the best text book??:read: (1 Viewer)

raceryt

HSC
hey 4 unit guys who just did their exams or have done their exams, what textbook or study guide did u use for ext 2 maths?
and what books do you recommend
i heeard terry lee and cambridge make the best combo. waht are your suggestions?:confused:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Cambridge and Coroneos (and Coroneos Suppl) are the best combos IMO :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yeah, cambridge and terry lee.

For questions once you know your stuff, just do past papers/trials :)

Ragib

HSC
It's not like one size fits all with Maths. I've found I, and people I have tutored, have learned better if you devote a bit of extra time and just ease into the topic with the bare basics presented in a plain, uncomplicated manner. Fitzpatrick does this excellently, whilst Cambridge seems hell bent on providing the most difficult questions as if their intended audience has already done the basics of the course once. Once you've absorbed the basics nicely, going onto Cambridge and whatever other textbook you like will work much better.

raceryt

HSC
wahts the title of fitzpatrick and terry lee?
ive had a look at cambridge and it doesnt explain very well
which book will have the best explanations?

K

khorne

Only pussies find it hard to read...It's a great book if you aren't retarded and need to look at pretty colours

zacmac1993

HSC
Hey guys the best texts according to our teacher for 3 unit are Maths In Focus (Grove) with The Cambridge (Pender) for harder stuff but for 4 unit we are using Fitzpatric to start each topic then the Cambridge text to suppliment the work... :cook: ... i heard the lee text was really good except he obviously hasnt read the course this is from my head of maths and my teacher who is a Dr. in Astrophysics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)