what is the deal with .. (1 Viewer)

HSC
in the past few months, i've seen heaps of new commodores and holden utes driving around .. but instead of the holden lion badge thing, they have what looks like the chevrolet cross logo

does anyone know why :confused:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah they're still holdens or whatever, just for some reason people feel the need to change the grille/badge or whatever to the chevrolet logo. one of my friends did that, i think you can get them off ebay or whatever. he also stuck SS badges on there even though it wasn't an SS, lol.

HSC
haha really? fuck :eek: like, it looks kinda cool, i just didn't know if they actually were chevys that were massively ripping off holdens or wtcever. that's somewhat like cunts buying bmw m3 stickers off the internet to make their 318is look more impressive or whatever lol

Sammy-Blue

HSC
katietheskatie said:
haha really? fuck :eek: like, it looks kinda cool, i just didn't know if they actually were chevys that were massively ripping off holdens or wtcever. that's somewhat like cunts buying bmw m3 stickers off the internet to make their 318is look more impressive or whatever lol
It wouldn't really be a rip off, since they are under the same company. I don't know about other people, but I think the holden badge looks like sh!t. Chev is much nicer.

F2001

HSC
katietheskatie said:
Basically chevvy driveline.

LS7/T56?

This is not like the wankstain 318i crowd with M badges.

Darcy111

HSC
what really pisses me off is people buying standard commodores, putting clubsport bodykit on them then selling them as a clubsport

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Darcy111 said:
what really pisses me off is people buying standard commodores, putting clubsport bodykit on them then selling them as a clubsport
If you aren't going to properly check over the car (or at least bring a friend who knows their stuff) then you deserve to get ripped off. I doubt most of those guys will fork out for an engine swap, brakes etc etc.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
F2001 said:
This is not like the wankstain 318i crowd with M badges.
haha some dickhead in one of those watned to drag me in one of those just then, i was like pfft.... and just let him speed away from the traffic lights like a fuckwit

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I don't understand why you'd want a chevy badge of all things, it's not like they've ever built a good car.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Holden and chevrolet are owned by the same company, General Motors.
Can it be possible that the commodore has been rebadged as a chevy to accomodate for overseas markets that dont have holden. An example of this is the Clubsport, which is rebadged in england as a Vauxhall VXR8.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
katietheskatie said:
i meant in australia dude, but thank you anyway and welcome to three weeks ago.
Hey i know they could have been imported or something

F2001

HSC
siddharthlaha said:
Hey i know they could have been imported or something
Why the fuck would you import a domestically made product.

Australia -> Middle East -> Back to Australia.

Pretty dumb isn't it just for a badge?

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
every second item at present on ebay under accessories when i search for holden is a chev badge or grill with badge in it for a commodore etc, thye just stick on like the SS badges... its a fad for people with done up holdens mainly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)