What is UTS like? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
UTS is one of the unis I am looking at for next year, and I was just wondering what people think of it... pros and cons??? One of the main reason I am attracted to it is the international studies program... does anyone here do it, what's it like? I'm interested in doing a Communication (Journalism)/International Studies degree.

Oh also, UTS doesn't seem to have the colleges/on campus accomodation like the other Unis..... do they have any? I'll be moving from a regional area all by myself and I will really sorta need to live in some sort of uni accomodation for at least the first year probably.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
on the topic of accomodation:

uts does have 2 apartment blocks, but they're not colleges as such. but! st andrew's college, at usyd, does accept a number of uts students (myself included) each year. i'd say there are about 20, 25 uts people here (in 1st year anyway).

i'm thinking of picking up int'l studies next year (if you do a combined int'l studies degree, the int'l studies work doesn't start till 2nd year anyway).

so far, it seems ok. note that there are actually 10 buildings around the place, not just that great ugly tower thing. buildings 6 and 10 are cool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)