what mark for a 98? (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok, so there it is, school gave me an assessment of 98 (yeah, they shudnt tell us but oh well....they did) so what raw mark in the exam will i need 2 sustain a 98?

speed2

HSC
school mark doesnt count for nething really, its the rank thats important. i pressume your coming first. last year i think the top raw mark was something like 74/84.

richz

speed2 said:
school mark doesnt count for nething really, its the rank thats important. i pressume your coming first. last year i think the top raw mark was something like 74/84.
no acmilan got 75/84 and he got 48/50
talking of him he is here :p

dawso

HSC
speed2 said:
yeah i know school mark doesnt count for much but thats y i wanna know wat i need 2 get that mark

but i do know for a fact it would have to be higher than 74, i got 81 in trial and these are fair indicator of hsc standard...

so wats needed guys?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
dawso said:
ok, so there it is, school gave me an assessment of 98 (yeah, they shudnt tell us but oh well....they did) so what raw mark in the exam will i need 2 sustain a 98?
Remember that mark means nothing. It depends on how ur school goes as a whole in 3u maths.

dawso

HSC
1 - i know that, however, if i go well myself then i can still achieve this type of mark
2 - i go 2 selective school and in the trial we had 4 people get over 80/84.....i hope we go well as a whole year group

Antwan23q

God
HSC
i dont like that
that is just stupid, it should be how individuals go
what if u have a shit teacher or shit classmates, everyone goes down.

speed2

HSC
antwan2bu said:
i dont like that
that is just stupid, it should be how individuals go
what if u have a shit teacher or shit classmates, everyone goes down.
your not the only one who feels that way

dawso

HSC
speed2 said:
your not the only one who feels that way
bad class wont disadvantage u, only possibly advantage wit a gud class

as long as the gaops between u and the rest are enuf, for example, last year in earth and enviro, my class didnt do anythin, but because there was sufficient gap between internal assessments and i went ok in exam, i still got a 90 wit the next closest being 70

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
acmilan said:
I got 83 for my trials :(

couldn't you do the last binomial 3 mark Q or the SHM (when is the latest time he can get out to the sea)?

..in the exam that is.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Although the HSC doesnt seem like the hardest exams available, and you will undoubtedly do harder ones, theres a huge difference between doing trials at school and practice papers at home and doing the actual HSC exam. I could normally finish 3 unit papers well before the 2 hours, but unfortunately in the actual HSC exam i didnt get up to the last binomial question and I had to rush the SHM one, so that was like an auto minus 5-6 marks there and then. The fact that I got 75 was pretty surprising, because it meant i only lost like 3-4 marks out of the questions that I did, which wasnt my impression when I left the exam.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Ummm then why do people get 80+ in trials while only a few get 80+ in the hsc? I don't think it's the difficulty...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its the pressure.
And the little voice in the back of your mind going 'this is it'.
It never helps.

the 2004 SMH question - it was so doable - but i think that in exam conditions - question 6/7 - i would've cracked...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeh thats because when u do practice papers its a breeze, but when ur in the exam room, there would no doubt be pressure, thus making u nervous and unable to think. i think we all need tranquilisers to calm us down

Idyll

HSC
speed2 said:
last year i think the top raw mark was something like 74/84.
The top raw mark last year was not 74/84

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)