What ppl wrote for creative writing? (1 Viewer)

NATMAN

Just wondering what your stories were....

I prepared mine, about a lesbian couple ^_^ and i was initially shocked coz the q asked to relate to section 1. But i think i did ok.

I related mine to the website. I said something like, 'It is interesting to see how little things such as the internet could have great impacts to inut (?? can't remember) people. I myself have a similar experience, in which a kiss changed my entire life.' and so on.... :)

It had a twist in the story... the narrator does not reveal herself as a female till the mid of the story.

NOTE: I'm not a lesbian!

Last edited:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I semi-prepared an imagined conversation...
It starts of with three people talking, and later you find they're walking along the sidewalk, meeting a couple of other people. In the end you find that there really only one person chatting to himself. He suffers from multiple split personality and was talking to the other guys in his head.

Related mine to the poem, as the conversation was a reminiscience of the person's past, how he was a metaphor for the cicada...
---
FYI I am not afflicted with this either.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Mine was about this small town which was being over-run by these hot shot developers...& yeh the towns ppl weren't to happy. Anyway i related it to the song...the whole thing about paved paradise to parking lots...

ITALIAN_ONE

I RELATED MINE TO THE WEBSITE DESIGNER AND HOW TECHNOLOGY CAN HAVE A GREAT AFFECT ON CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD AND MY STORY HAD TO DO ABOUT A WOMAN WHO SPONSORED A WORLD VISION CHILD AND BROUGHT HER BACK TO AUSTRALIA AND GAVE HER GREATER OPPORTUNITIES ETCC........ JUST LIKE THE INNUIT KIDS BLAH BLAH BUT HEY THE EXMAS OVER NOW THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

i thought it was a letter?
how can a person with split personality talk to himself while writing an letter?

NATMAN

Originally posted by ITALIAN_ONE
I RELATED MINE TO THE WEBSITE DESIGNER AND HOW TECHNOLOGY CAN HAVE A GREAT AFFECT ON CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD AND MY STORY HAD TO DO ABOUT A WOMAN WHO SPONSORED A WORLD VISION CHILD AND BROUGHT HER BACK TO AUSTRALIA AND GAVE HER GREATER OPPORTUNITIES ETCC........ JUST LIKE THE INNUIT KIDS BLAH BLAH BUT HEY THE EXMAS OVER NOW THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
It was indeed a letter... the question says,
Compose a letter to either the ...
In your letter, respond briefly to some aspect of the their text. Then, describe a related experience (either real or imagined), in which you reflect upon a change in a person, place or time.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote letter to the Inuit website designer too
I acknowledged (rather stupidly) the informative and interesting nature of the site, yet I disagreed on the almost encouraging tone of the site..encouraging the embracement of technology, because of my experiences travelling to remote countries around the world, and witnessing 1st hand the poverty, environmental degradation, economic collapse that has come as a result of the drive for industrialisation and etc...

my letter sounded like an economics essay...

Last edited:

NATMAN

For ppl who related their writings to the website, is the intended 'webmaster' the editor of this article, or the webmaster of the inuit website? Now I'm confused too.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I referred to the person as the 'Website Designer' as the question said that...

blake

The website designer wouldn't have wrote the article. You are mean't to write it to the editor, geez

NATMAN

Originally posted by blake
The website designer wouldn't have wrote the article. You are mean't to write it to the editor, geez
Yeah, i referred to the editor of the article.... which i assumed also the webmaster of the particular page.

blake

Bleh, you were meant to write the letter to the writer of the article, the webmaster or the web designer have nothing to do with the people who CREATED the article. Web designer is the person who DESIGNS the web site and the WEBMASTER is the person who looks after the web site..Depending on how they mark it you could lose marks, but I doubt that since they are just after the format of the letter.

kitty

my teacher lent me a novel called "Plain Truth", about an amish girl allegedly having a baby- then killing it. it spoke about amish being excommunicated from their church. so, i wrote about how my character chose love in the western world over her church and family, and was excommunicated from her church, and disowned from her family by her father, and related it back to the song, about how we always want what we dont have, because we've changed it.

tweakin

Am i the only one who did a complete b/s fictional story?
I wrote to the webstie designer....telling them how i was compelled to write and tell them about my personal experience....that is being cryogenically frozen then entering the world 50 years later with all of this new technology and shite.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by blake
Bleh, you were meant to write the letter to the writer of the article, the webmaster or the web designer have nothing to do with the people who CREATED the article. Web designer is the person who DESIGNS the web site and the WEBMASTER is the person who looks after the web site..Depending on how they mark it you could lose marks, but I doubt that since they are just after the format of the letter.
but mate, read the question
"Compose a letter to either...

(d) Website Designer (Text Four)

In your letter briefly respond to some aspect of their text.....

I dunno about u, but i prefer answering the question given, rather than assuming that there are different writers, editors, middle men involved
at no stage was an "author" or "writer" of the website article mentioned, so its unsafe to assume that

NATMAN

Sorry Italian_One, I was replying a question:
how can a person with split personality talk to himself while writing an letter?

;) Hope I didn't offend u in any ways

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i wrote a letter to the songwriter abt a lot of crap about the destruction of the environment. Not very imaginative coz since when was writing a letter considered 'creative writing'... oki it could have been creative if we had to make something up...but either way it was stupid

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i wrote a letter to the cartoonist

about living in a hi-rise flat that i stupidly bought off the plan thinking it would be all shiny and good and modern and good and shiny, only to find that it was a dump with low ceilings, no insulation, cruddy views etc etc.

think i got a bit sidetracked though... but it wasn't too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)