• We are looking for new moderators to join the Bored of Studies team!
    Click here for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What should I be doing in my spare time? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am in year 8 so there's literally no study material that I really need to grind on. Due to this, I have spent the holidays just wasting procrastinating and would like to know what people think that I should be doing instead of studying.
Maybe you can share some regrets you have of your past years in regards to wasting time, and what skill you would've rather developed??

idkkdi

HSC
I am in year 8 so there's literally no study material that I really need to grind on. Due to this, I have spent the holidays just wasting procrastinating and would like to know what people think that I should be doing instead of studying.
Maybe you can share some regrets you have of your past years in regards to wasting time, and what skill you would've rather developed??
grinding olympiads, getting jacked, not being a lonely and sad person like DrDusk about to enter 3rd yr of uni with no gf.

Sorry Dusk for calling you out like that homie.

sami90210

HSC
find hobbies lol I hated year 7-10 but u have the most free time don't even bother with school except if u are doing math/science in year 11/12 then maybe memorise some stuff

i used to be like u reading HSC biology books in year 7 thinking i would be top shit in later years but don't even stress out rn ur in ur best years go learn the piano lol

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
counterexample:
imagine a person who is willingly lonely. Now that is sad.
Na that’s a logical fallacy. Not wanting to be lonely is ingrained in human biology. If you like being lonely then loneliness is a good thing, but loneliness is objectively a bad thing for the human brain, so loneliness can not be good and bad at the same time. Hence you cannot be someone who wants to be lonely.

idkkdi

HSC
Na I can disprove that.

Assume I'm lonely.

If I was lonely I would actively try and not be single. However I have rejected people previously.

This is a contradiction. Hence I am not lonely!
have u ever not been single lol. Also wtf, how have you been asked out when u do phys and comp sci at a uni with a male to female ratio of like 53:47 lol.

Saxtoni

HSC
From my own experience, I recommend you improve your skills in various areas. It will definitely come in handy in your life.

HSC
Read - wish I could've done this much earlier in high school, would've helped me heaps
I have started getting into the habit of reading both non-fiction and fiction, but definitely need to be doing more. I forced myself to do this by getting all the good books I found on libgen so I don't waste the precious resources and actually read lol

idkkdi

HSC
I have started getting into the habit of reading both non-fiction and fiction, but definitely need to be doing more. I forced myself to do this by getting all the good books I found on libgen so I don't waste the precious resources and actually read lol
Take a chill pill. Ur in yr 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)