• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

what should I do?? (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
hey everyone hope you all have been good I just wanted to ask and see how others would see this. So I do standard eng and My teacher introduced to our class that we can move up to advanced. I took this idea as I learned about the scaling system and wasn't aware fully of how the subject scaling worked with English standard. But here is the catch, the teacher that takes advanced is bias and has favourtism. This kinda stopped me for a sec as I remember her making my other classmates drop from advanced to standard because she thought from their assignment marks that they weren't good enough for the class. Even my teacher encouraged them to fight going back in advance as the students are genuinely very good at English. One girl said that she always fought to get feedback from the advanced teacher but would always get completely ignored and when she did get help it wasn't enough to learn from her mistakes and move on. Point is that I don't know if should I move up to advance because of that. I really want to, I have been doing so much but fear it's not good enough. Would I be able to still achieve really good marks by being in that class even if she isn't willing to help out?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
A seemingly common occurrence at school (and university) is the finding that feedback/opinion regarding a particular teacher tends to be overstated/exaggerated. Based on this, your opinion about a particular teacher should be based on your own experience, not that of others. You may not be fully aware of the circumstances surrounding the fact that the English Advanced teacher suggested that those students should drop to English Standard, or the fact that your teacher encouraged them to insist on keeping English Advanced. This is why, if you wish to be fully aware of what it is really like to take English Advanced, you should seize this opportunity and maximise focus on your efforts in order to perform well in English Advanced. The advantageous alignment in English Advanced is also something to consider.

Alternatively, and as mentioned above, you can always inform your head teacher of any concerns related to your English Advanced teacher, should they arise, and request feedback from them, if possible.

I hope this helps! :D

humptydumpty5

HSC
A seemingly common occurrence at school (and university) is the finding that feedback/opinion regarding a particular teacher tends to be overstated/exaggerated. Based on this, your opinion about a particular teacher should be based on your own experience, not that of others. You may not be fully aware of the circumstances surrounding the fact that the English Advanced teacher suggested that those students should drop to English Standard, or the fact that your teacher encouraged them to insist on keeping English Advanced. This is why, if you wish to be fully aware of what it is really like to take English Advanced, you should seize this opportunity and maximise focus on your efforts in order to perform well in English Advanced. The advantageous alignment in English Advanced is also something to consider.

Alternatively, and as mentioned above, you can always inform your head teacher of any concerns related to your English Advanced teacher, should they arise, and request feedback from them, if possible.

I hope this helps! :D
Also you could always drop from advance back to standard but going from standard to advance isnt always an opportunity available

Ideally yes!! this is so true I took that in aswell but just felt really lost

thank you very much for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)