What sort of WAPM are you averaging? (1 Viewer)

twistedtigers

HSC
N/A
I'm an off campus student studying law via Deakin Uni. The isolation is frustrating and it's very difficult to know what sort of standard the other students are managing.

What sort of WAPM are you guys averaging in your law units at the moment? Anyone willing to share?

Lara1986

HSC
Not sure if WAMs are figured out using some sort of formula other than basic averaging ?? since my uni only does things by GPA.

But my GPA is above 6 (6 being Distinction) and my average mark is for my whole course, being a b Bus/B Law is 78. My average mark for just law is 80.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I find asking law students about their WAM is as effective as asking males about their penis size. If you ever get someone willing to share, be prepared to hear an exaggeration.

Lara1986

HSC
I find asking law students about their WAM is as effective as asking males about their penis size. If you ever get someone willing to share, be prepared to hear an exaggeration.
In that case, for the record mine is not an exaggeration. Feel free to view my academic transcript lol :)

But then again, i'm not a male ;)

circusmind

HSC
My GPA is around 6.3 or so. WAM about 76-77. My johnson is enormous.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
12 inches...

my first year or two was credit, my later years tend to be credit-distinction, its harder coz at MQ we have a weird GPA system where D/HD = the same which means you cant really balance out credits etc.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Yeah even if you're on campus you don't know. I don't know any of my friends WAMs. We barely even talk about what marks in a particular unit we got.

Lara1986

HSC
Yeah even if you're on campus you don't know. I don't know any of my friends WAMs. We barely even talk about what marks in a particular unit we got.
My favourite exaggerations to date have been one particular student at my uni who professes that he achieved 1st place in certain units when in fact myself and 2 other students I know did...

If you're going to bs, at least make it realistic :p

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
My favourite exaggerations to date have been one particular student at my uni who professes that he achieved 1st place in certain units when in fact myself and 2 other students I know did...

If you're going to bs, at least make it realistic :p
Um, you're not making it any easier on yourself here.

:spzz:

Lara1986

HSC
Um, you're not making it any easier on yourself here.

:spzz:
I don't see how. All I am saying is that it's pointless, and can be embarrassing for you, if you lie about your marks so I don't get why students do.

If you don't want to tell people your marks, just don't :). Or just tell them what mark band, i.e. P, C, D etc, rather than making it up. Or there's nothing wrong with just telling people that you were pleased/displeased with your marks and leaving it at that.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I don't see how. All I am saying is that it's pointless, and can be embarrassing for you, if you lie about your marks so I don't get why students do.

If you don't want to tell people your marks, just don't :). Or just tell them what mark band, i.e. P, C, D etc, rather than making it up. Or there's nothing wrong with just telling people that you were pleased/displeased with your marks and leaving it at that.
You've missed it.

Lara1986

HSC
If you say so. It's of no consequence to me what your opinion is in this regard.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)