What was the problem? (1 Viewer)

What was the problem with the 2004 3U Maths exam?

• It was too hard.

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • It was too easy.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I didnt have enough time.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Problem? What problem?

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Look, i've been talking to a few people, they've been talking to a few people and we've all talked to teachers about this exam.

This is a late entry in the 'assess the assessment' frenzy that follows all the exams, but I really need to know the following:
What was the problem with this exam?

I really want to know so that the problem becomes apparent to me... and I might see myself as not the only one who suffered from the problem. Respond to this poll honestly, please. Any ESSENTIAL comments please post below. e.g. which questions you had problems with or how far you got.

FYI: i got up to question 7 and frantically scrawled an answer for part one before time was up.

Last edited:

mojako

HSC
need more time..

rushed in Q's 1-4 then started to slow down slightly coz I thought I was ahead...

spent too much time in the circle Q and tried to find angle CBF instead because I tried to use cyclic ABCD (as well as BFCE). But in the end I forgot that I actually wanted to find angle DBF and moved on to the next Q.

I could've done Q7 (a)(iii) but since I got a different answer for (ii) (because of silly mistake in multiplication) and it's only 10 mins left I moved to part (b).
But I need a lot more time to figure out Q7(b). The only part I thought I did properly was (ii) but again I made a stupid mistake there.

The other parts were alright but they required some insights into the world of mathematics so may be hard tand not do-able o some.

mojako

HSC
bevstarrunner said:
i was fine for time, but some of the crap in there was just stupid
yes I think Q7(b) was stupid crap
you need some good IQ to do that.
it relies on inspirational revelations
(and to some extent, practice with tens of binomial identity questions... but who the hell concentrate their study on binomial identity)

Rorix

HSC
i didnt like the binomial theorm question because of the algebra bash nature of it, but apart from that, I thought the exam was OK, a goood testing of the various topics at various difficulty levels

a pity i misread two of the questions...-2 oh well

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
i just found it hard in general, which left me with not enough time

SandunAAA

HSC
I just made way too many mistakes. I reakon the exam apart from Q7 was Ok. It is like all the exams in 2004, they are faily easy, but hard to score very high marks cause of some reason

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i can't score the high marks cause of SILLY MISTAKES!!!! :(
they'll never end

wesleyyuk

HSC
so do i...when i got back home, in a relaxed environment, i knew how to do all of the q1-7 except binomial, my weakness is that i dun have enough time and i rushed through and cannot think properly to avoid silly mistakes...i lost 10 marks for silly mistakes 10/84!!!!i dun think anyone will make as many mistakes as mine!

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Not enough time. That was the general thoughts of my whole year...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i ran out of time
and screwed up the binomials proability by putting 10C instead of 20C cause it was just exam blankness i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)