what would a 32 raw mark in chemistry get scaled to? (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
So if I rank first internally, and I come second place in HSC, my assessment mark becomes the mark of the person who got first place in HSC? If so, why? And how is that fair?
Your external mark is more of the standard of HSC. They decided that they wouldn't let one exam determine your ATAR. So they allowed assignment marks to be counted in. However, since different schools have different standards, it is extremely hard to accurately determine the significance of those internal marks, that's why they come up with this. People who scored first in the external exam get the same mark of the highest external mark. This is because maybe ur not as good at aligning to your teacher's standard compared to the one who ranked first in the internals. This works the same for the one who received the last rank in the externals. For others, those alignments in the internals are done through complicated calculations which is highly influenced by the difference of your internals marks between the one who ranked one rank higher than you.

Last edited:

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have secured places, then just go for it. If it's not the one that you wanted the most, go for a transfer after a session or one year, except for UNSW if you received a really bad ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)