• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What would happen if I deliberately failed religion (2 Viewers)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I'm going to ask a hypothetical question:
I currently do SOR1, suck at it, and I am ranked pretty low. I also have 13 units, so I can afford to fail it. What I want to ask is if I did no work for it, refused to do assignments, and didn't turn up for the HSC exam in favour of putting that time to a better use, could the do something to fail my other subjects as well or disqualify me from a UAI?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, just do the bare minimum and make a "satisfactory" attempt and if u do as bad as u say then it wont be counted. u can't fail ir or they might record it as a non attempt which could jeopardise your hsc and hence your uai

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Hmm your best bet would be to just do the minimum required and then sit in the HSC exam for an hour then leave.

h@ppyme@lz

hmmmm...im at a catholic school too so i HAVE to do it...which sucks...but im fairly good at it so it not that much of a prob ( even though it is THE most boring subject!) But i would just go with doin bare minimum like just keep in mind otha subjects that u mite not do so well in as well so u KNOW that SOR wont count....thats what id be doing if i had more than 10 units!!!lol

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah bare minimum. i don't think they could do much with your other subjects if you didn't do religion (e.g. penalise you) but you may as well do something, save you the hassle of teachers on your back about why you haven't bene handing things in etc.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
why don't you just drop to Catholic Studies (the one that doesn't count) since you already have 13 units going towards the hsc?
Nope cos our school doesn't offer it cos its not part of Catholic Education Office.

santaslayer

HSC
Just dont turn up to exams.....i couldnt imagine they would disqualify u for the hsc just coz u failed 1 uni of SOR! :)

Winston

HSC
I think they might take it that it's a non-attempt, and you didn't take it seriously, just turn up and write anything gees.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I failed religion last year, god love Catholic Studies.

Originally posted by Winston
I think they might take it that it's a non-attempt, and you didn't take it seriously, just turn up and write anything gees.
Yeah, at least put a tiny bit of obvious effort into it.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
I'm going to ask a hypothetical question:
I currently do SOR1, suck at it, and I am ranked pretty low. I also have 13 units, so I can afford to fail it. What I want to ask is if I did no work for it, refused to do assignments, and didn't turn up for the HSC exam in favour of putting that time to a better use, could the do something to fail my other subjects as well or disqualify me from a UAI?
yeah you have to make a satistfactory attempt beacuse you dont want to get a NA

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
its really hard to fail religion..
i got my aboriginal spirituality/teachers n interpreters exam back and i got 34/50.. i lost 9 marks in the long response but that was pretty poorly done.. cuz it was a research topic and we didnt study it at school.. but with aboriginal spirituality its soo easy to make things up.. just some of the multiple choice are hard so you gotta guess
but if ur in the hsc and dont attempt it.. how boring will it be sitting there for an hour and a half.. at least like mention a couple of things and make a nice story about it or something lol
its a lesson for the future.. when you go to work you arent going to love everything you have to do.. and you cant avoid the things you hate but u still have to try at least

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
but if ur in the hsc and dont attempt it
Where did I say I was going to show up?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
do the assignments ... if you stuff up in one unit of another subject then sor can really help you boost your UAI
or so i have been told

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Katie123
do the assignments ... if you stuff up in one unit of another subject then sor can really help you boost your UAI
or so i have been told
Cept I suck at humanities subjects, and I have 13 units

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
this also counts as a non-serious attempt which is followed up by the both the Board and your school

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
Cept I suck at humanities subjects, and I have 13 units
last year, I had most of the top science and maths kids in my class. They all swore that SOR wouldnt help them, most got band 5 and it counted for 9 of them.............
you cannot work out how they will "allocate" the units as when I saw their marks, SOR wasnt amongst their top marks and I would have thought that it wouldnt have counted either.........just so you know

BTW- there are minimum requirements for all courses- check out course handbooks from the BOS. Me personally, I wouldnt be deliberately messing with any course just cause you dont like it.....

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
:eek: no catholic studies at your school... i think I'd have a heart attack if I had to do SOR.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
!!!!
do NOT listen to people telling you just to not turn up, pretend like you're not doing the subject etc! there is a minimum required effort you must make in EVERY subject, showing up to 85% of classes, making what they call a 'serious attempt' at every assessment and exam. if you don't do this you're in danger of getting a non award for that subject which can disqualify you from receiving a UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)