What's a good mark? (1 Viewer)

DebuOfCourse

In a 3 unit paper for a school asessment, or even the HSC, what is considered a good and decent raw mark to get?

Not considering that your doing 4 unit or anything, just in an Extension 1 paper, what should you be at least aiming for and how much should you be satisfied with?

Thanks.

Dev.

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Dumbarse
woha, and what if u do 4 unit what should u aim for??
My teacher tells me the question 8 is supposed to separate the top 10 in the state from the rest...so i guess, aim to get 6 and a half questions right
wot's that? 97/120?

jus my guess...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Dumbarse
woha, and what if u do 4 unit what should u aim for??
Over 50% and your above average

Over 75% and your in the 90's (scaled)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by spice girl

My teacher tells me the question 8 is supposed to separate the top 10 in the state from the rest...so i guess, aim to get 6 and a half questions right
wot's that? 97/120?

jus my guess...
top 10% i hope u mean...
thats raw mark anyway, so your HSC mark would be sweet

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by spice girl

wot's that? 97/120?

jus my guess...
Usually the rest of the paper (well, maybe not the end of Q7) is easy and then at the end of there can be a sensation like walking along the beach and seeing Everest in front of you!

Nelly

You guys are nuts. Talking about 97/120 like it was a stroll in the park. The max a 'normal' 4U student can get out of Question 8is 5 marks, MAX! similarly question 7. So 97 is a bit out of reach. Considering the students doing 4U maths are the (generalising) cream of the crop of their schools, I think getting above 60% raw, is a good job.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Ach, when i first read that I thought it was an insult!:rofl:
i don't know about the others, but Michael is in a selective school, so doesn't know any better. 75% will prob get you into the top 1 in 20, in my opinion...

back to the 3-unit... I think a 90% for it though is a good mark, considering the more number of people in 3 unit.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Ach, when i first read that I thought it was an insult!:rofl:
i don't know about the others, but Michael is in a selective school, so doesn't know any better. 75% will prob get you into the top 1 in 20, in my opinion...

back to the 3-unit... I think a 90% for it though is a good mark, considering the more number of people in 3 unit.

Thanks BJ ...

These are base off figures Mrs Hestlowe told us (don't you remember pokes?)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Anytime, ol' timer.
Ahem, don't you know I purport to care nothing for marks? Have you ever seen someone who doesn't go look at the class ranks when they posted it up on the boards?
Therefore, whatever she told usabout that I have forgotten within half an hour...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Anytime, ol' timer.
Ahem, don't you know I purport to care nothing for marks? Have you ever seen someone who doesn't go look at the class ranks when they posted it up on the boards?
Therefore, whatever she told usabout that I have forgotten within half an hour...
Yet you rember every other minor detail in maths that allows you to go well in tests ... I am intrigued by your "selective learning". Keep it up!

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
What the hell???

Half of you people aren't answering the original question, which was about 3 U maths. Although I'm getting a vibe that things will be easier to cope with than 3 U in the preliminary course, which was pretty heavy for us at the time.

BOTTOM LINE:

Was the Simpson who created "Simpson's law" for integration a soldier? And no, I'm not talking about the Simpson who lived with donkeys.

-CHUDYMASTER-

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Re: What the hell???

Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
Half of you people aren't answering the original question, which was about 3 U maths. Although I'm getting a vibe that things will be easier to cope with than 3 U in the preliminary course, which was pretty heavy for us at the time.

BOTTOM LINE:

Was the Simpson who created "Simpson's law" for integration a soldier? And no, I'm not talking about the Simpson who lived with donkeys.

-CHUDYMASTER-
Prehaps it was Homer ...

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Hmm..

Very funny. MOCK Me...but one day I shall know the truth...

So, anyone here know the truth?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Yeah, well..

As funny as they may be, I am not looking for Homer Simpson as an answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)