Whats so bad about... (1 Viewer)

Crazy

CHARLES STURT UNIVERSITY

I mean i know the campuses are in regional centres, not squashed into some suburbs...but CSU never gets a mention.

Has anyone bothered to visit campuses? or are uni chosen by you on the basis of prestige??

Anyone have any terrible stories about it?

Does anyone know people who are currently studying there or who are planning to study there???

HELP i havent checked it out thoroughly (only uni with the course i want though).... anyones opinion on any aspect of the uni appreciated

Christine

beige member
HSC
I want to study Journalism at the Bathurst campus, i went up and had a look and its excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u have a look at the CSU website its got a stack of info also.

bex

HSC
woooooooo me too!! but i applied for Public Communication and Commercial Radio as well....

Hey Christine have you got your questionaire thingy to be filled in?? I havent got mine and i was wondering when theyre sent to us?

Christine

beige member
HSC
i e-mailed the course coordinater of journalism and he said around november... so soon i guess (great MORE essays!!!)

lizzies85

hey wow, looks like there's a fair few ppl who wanna go there!!!
yay im not alone, i didnt even look at any of their courses til like last saturday, and then discovered how much better there human movement courses are than newhere else!!! plus my dad says bathurst is a sports mad city, so i'll fit right in!!!

bex

HSC
Nice one! Im scared about those essays.. i really want to go there so im scared i wont write good stuff!

lizzies85

i know it sucks that we have to fill out other stuff!!!! i just hope they let me in even if i screw up!!! here's hoping... im so glad i didnt miss out on applyin for scholarships, its so good that they dont actually close until after uni starts!

bex

HSC
Do you have to do extra things for human movement as well? I thought just for communications... Anyway learn something new right?

Hey i was wondering, if i have applied for 3 courses there, do i write 3 essays?

lizzies85

we have to fill in like a questionnaire thig, i hope i dont have to do somethin for everyone ive applied for coz i have like 3 or 4 courses down!!!!
that would suck majorly...
are u gonna live on campus????

bex

HSC
Ours is a questionaire type too.. theyre probably the same type of thing. As for living on campus, I live in Sydney so if i get accepted i will have to move there and i think my parents will feel more comfortable with me living on campus as opposed to off campus in a sharehouse. Theyre a bit uneasy about me leaving but i have a brother whos a boarder and they adjust after a while! Its no problem for me... ive always wanted to go to boarding school! And its only a 3hr drive so its no biggie

How bout you? what are your plans?

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by bex
Hey i was wondering, if i have applied for 3 courses there, do i write 3 essays?
nup its one essay but i think u have to relate all areas,

the accomodation there looks really good and its only like $3000 a year

lizzies85

i plan on livin on campus, cooz i come from sydney also, however i live in penrith, so its only about 2 hours drive from my house, so much closer and cheaper than canberra, which was previously one of my number one preferences... do you know if they are havin an advisory day or anything at the start of january, or anything, coz i really wanna go check out the uni and the accomodation before i go there

lizzies85

are any of u applyin for a scholarship???? do u really think ill have to get over 92 for my uai to get one... coz that is so not going to happen!!!!!

bex

HSC
Yeah i get what you mean...

I havent applied for scholarships anywhere... 92 and me... yeah right!

Christine

beige member
HSC
they don't do open days - u ring up the prospective student advisor and arrange a time/date for a tour and students take u around and explain everyhing to you.

its really worthwhile to do

the lady's name is margret ryan and the ph. no is 02 6338 6020
or at least thats what it says on her card

me, scholarships? ha never - i'll b lucky to make the 84 i need for my course (bullshit they don't have UAi's)

Crazy

nice :)

i thought id be the only one going to bathurst...haha well the only one who uses this forum, guess not though

mmmmm im going to check out the campus after exams but yeah i really want to get it

yes questionairres aren't sent till november

and wow lizzie you're a sports freak too?? woo hoo .... and yes bathurst is sports mad!! cant wait :D also bathurst is a very big party uni!! :cool:

which human movement course have you applied for? a double degree or just human movement by itself??

nearly all my preferences are for CSU, so id want to get in!!!

cant wait actually, that uni is mad fun
:D :D

bex

HSC
ARGH!!! i got my essay forms and stuff today!!! The second question... well i think ill have to decode it before i can answer!!

1. Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a career in a specific area in the communication sector'

2. New communication structures in the knowledge economy are both globalising and fragmenting our world. Discuss from the perspective of your specific area of career interest

jeeeeeez!

Sarah J

HSC
lol. I got mine today, and when I saw the second question I just laughed. lol. Cos I understood all of....ZERO words in that! lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)