What's the advantage of coming first in a subject ? (1 Viewer)

iallan

HSC
N/A
Someone explain.
Is it true that if you come first in a particular subject, you will get the 1st highest mark in the HSC exams (based on your cohort)?

thoth1

Banned
HSC
so 4 ur hsc u get an assessment mark and an exam mark and a combined overall hsc mark for each subject. ur assessment mark is decided by ur internal rank. if ur first in a subject internally. u will get the top exam mark from ur skool as ur assessment mark. so if u cum first in modern history for example and get 95 in the hsc exam but someone beats u in the hsc exam and gets 96. u will get that 96 as ur assessment mark since u came first overall and the 95 will become ur exam mark.
the overall hsc mark is a combination of these and will be 96.

iallan

HSC
N/A
Let's just say hypothetically. I'm rank 1 for my internal rank at 89, but I somehow bomb the Hsc, and I end up getting a mark of 72. Though someone else in my class gets 94 for his Hsc mark. Would I take his mark? What would my overall mark be?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Let's just say hypothetically. I'm rank 1 for my internal rank at 89, but I somehow bomb the Hsc, and I end up getting a mark of 72. Though someone else in my class gets 94 for his Hsc mark. Would I take his mark? What would my overall mark be?
if u get a scaled exam mark of 72 in hsc and are first internally at ur skool this is wat will happen to ur mark:
assessment mark: 94 - u take the other guy's mark
exam mark: 72
hsc mark: (94+72)/2 = 83

iallan

HSC
N/A
I'm a lil confused, So does his Hsc mark covert to my assessment mark ?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
yes bcuz u came first. u get the top hsc exam mark in ur skool as ur assessment mark. the ppl who dont cum first have their marks moderated according to various other factors but ur assessment mark will always be the top exam mark if u cum first in a subject.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
yes bcuz u came first. u get the top hsc exam mark in ur skool as ur assessment mark. the ppl who dont cum first have their marks moderated according to various other factors but ur assessment mark will always be the top exam mark if u cum first in a subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)