Whats the uni gym like? (1 Viewer)

Tim035

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
859
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
I've been going to the gym through out the finish yr12 start uni break and want to keep doing so when uni starts even if its just twice a week, so a few questions:
- It is a gym as in weight machines, bench press etc?
- Does it cost money i.e. I'll need to get a membership or is it free to use for unsw students?
 

nick.milevski

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
37
Location
Riverwood
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
its just a standard gym dude, and yeh we gotta pay. its like 55 bux for monthly membership i think. heres the site for it: [SIZE=-1]www.lifestylecentre.unsw.edu.au/
yaaa
[/SIZE]
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
3,554
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
pretty good gym i used too go. you can get deals like 130 for 3 months. check out the link nick posted
 

Tim035

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
859
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Looks preety good on the link and $130 for three months is a lot cheaper then the gym I'm currently at, thanks for the info.
 

wyho

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
235
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
1 month= 55
3 months= 146 (48 a month)
6 months= 242 (40 a month)
12 months=372 (31 a month)

12 MONTHS FOR ME WEWT!!!!
 

NinjaSauce

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
256
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Basically what there is [I went in today]:

- Lots of 'cardio' machines... Too many. + they TVs
- Standard machines. Plate, Pin, and Cable.
- Dumbells upto 50kg, in pairs.
- I think i saw some light pre-set barbells near the dumbells.
- 2-3 Bench Press benches, Bars for each [Though 1 was absolute rusted crap.]
- Squat Rack
- O.K. Power Cage. [Its height wasn't setable]
- Pull Up bar.
- Stretching/Open area.
- Oly Lifting Platform with Bumper Plates [And lots of them!].

There is also:
- a Pool. [2 x 25m pools [so, 16 lanes], divided into 'Splash and giggle', Slow lane, Fast Lane etc.]., Check times for use, as there is swim schools, and Water Polo teams, etc.
- 'fitness' classes. If your game enough to attend them.

Things to note:
- Need footwear.
- Need towel.
- plan time before first time, you will have to do a one off walk around.
- There are lockers for bags etc. But i forgot to check if you need a coin or two for them. so bring some.

Hope this helps!
 

NinjaSauce

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
256
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
wyho said:
1 month= 55
3 months= 146 (48 a month)
6 months= 242 (40 a month)
12 months=372 (31 a month)

12 MONTHS FOR ME WEWT!!!!
wait!

Sure you are spending less?

Are you at Uni for 12 months a year?

There are 2 x 3month terms. So that is all you need. $48 x 6 = $288 compared to your $372. you wont use the second.

Of course, Paint me pink and call me stupid if you either:

A: Go in during the holiday breaks.
B: Be super sneaky and 'pause' your membership between the holiday breaks. Though, double check if you can actually do this.
 
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
134
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
Damn, f-king gym is f-king expensive.. I used to pay $35 for mine, with tvs on the treadmills..
 

DeathB4Life

Bánned
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
591
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
would anyone have any info on the gymnasium. the acrobatics, crash mats, open space, sponge pool kind of gym.

i remember when i was in primary i had been there a few times and just wanted to know what kind of access to it the uni students have.

monthly fee? hours its open? etc
 

karoooh

Active Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,339
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
^

OMGOMGOMG!

I remember all those! We used them in prmary whenever we had gymnatics for the term. <3333 the sponge pit.

Except, I think they got rid of it or something. :( In 2000?

I could be wrong and they could've just covered it up.
 

Dumsum

has a large Member;
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
1,552
Location
Maroubra South
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
I wish there was a way to get a pool membership without combining it with the gym (silver membership). :(

I only want to swim :(
 

wyho

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
235
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Dumsum said:
I wish there was a way to get a pool membership without combining it with the gym (silver membership). :(

I only want to swim :(
u can, there are 10 or 20 visit passes for $32, $56 respectively.
 

wyho

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
235
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:
wait!

Sure you are spending less?

Are you at Uni for 12 months a year?

There are 2 x 3month terms. So that is all you need. $48 x 6 = $288 compared to your $372. you wont use the second.

Of course, Paint me pink and call me stupid if you either:

A: Go in during the holiday breaks.
B: Be super sneaky and 'pause' your membership between the holiday breaks. Though, double check if you can actually do this.
i guess if u are determined to workout your body at the gym u will need to go on a regular basis, and dont stop every now and then
 

wyho

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
235
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
would anyone have any info on the gymnasium. the acrobatics, crash mats, open space, sponge pool kind of gym.

i remember when i was in primary i had been there a few times and just wanted to know what kind of access to it the uni students have.

monthly fee? hours its open? etc
ehhh why don't u just go to the gym and get the brochures n ask.?
 

blOwfish

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
106
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
UTS recently opened their new gym, which is state of the art and is the best avaliable gym in Sydney. Theres new equipment and everything so you can think about joining the UTS gym. Also its very close to central station!
 

NinjaSauce

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
256
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
wyho said:
i guess if u are determined to workout your body at the gym u will need to go on a regular basis, and dont stop every now and then
I didn't say stop training... merely not training at uni when your not out that way. I'm not going to travel all the way out to UNSW during my holidays to train; I just train closer to home. I don';t have time for a 1.5 hour round trip.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top