Whats your major? (1 Viewer)

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
as the title says.

i'm only starting my degree this year, but i'm hoping to do european studies - i'll just see if i like it. i only know that i want to do language(s) and this seems like the best option. plus europe is awesome :)

leeam

HSC
im looking at majoring in journalism and indonesian (post year 12), with further study in psych and linguistics

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Another prospective arts student here, looking to major in philosophy and history (modern).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Depending on what I get into it will be one or two of the following: English Literature, Communications or Psychology or Education.

Last edited:

hangerm5

HSC
Hopefully ANU will have me for my Arts degree. At this stage I am going to major in History. Havent got the rest sorted alltho I am currently acting on a whim to study German language. No past experience or anything but I am just interested so I figured why not. Will have to think about it i guess.

If i started language at beginners level...how well would I be able speak it by the time i left...?? Thats probably something to consider.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Modern history is the way to go. I've just finished my major and this year I'm doing my honours in it. Yay. I'm glad to see there are a few of you wanting to do modern. If I could offer a little bit of advice, often folks leave history (and English and other popular subjects) after first year because of problems with choice bredth and the volume of students enrolled in the courses, but I can assure you that these subjects' fantasticness increases exponentially each year. If you really love the subject, stick with it :)

Hugs,
MC

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm taking an arts major in history. This'll be my last year studying history and next year I'll hopefully go on to do honours in media (my degree core). It was a tough choice but I decided in the end, although I love history, my career will be heading elsewhere.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Linguistics, philosophy, or environmental studies.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
charlie_charlie said:
Just wondering - i thought psych was a science?
In some unis it is offered conjointly by both faculties - its kind of a grey area.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
well it is a science but also considered humanities hence the Arts faculty.

mm i got B fine arts/ Arts a@ UNSW so im thinking majoring in Psy too.. or history of some kind. im really not sure yet

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well now that my course is more settled it'll be French and Writing and I'll possibly add a Psych major in second year. And as a grad I will possibly do a study in Education.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
kami said:
Well now that my course is more settled it'll be French and Writing and I'll possibly add a Psych major in second year. And as a grad I will possibly do a study in Education.

theres the clinical side to psychology and the philosophical side to it

psychiatrists dont even believe in Freud's theories but humanists love him.

im not one of his fans LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)