when does rank, hsc marks, atar come out? (1 Viewer)

mmw

HSC
The dates are as follows:
  • Assessment ranks are available from 12.30pm on 3 December 2021.
  • HSC results release date: 24 January 2022 from 6am
  • ATARs released: 20 January 2022 from 9am
I hope this helps! :D
Wait…is ATAR always released before the HSC results? I thought they release on the same day but in different times….

icycledough

HSC
I hate that HSC results are released after, can't even mentally prepare yourself for ATAR 😭
In some ways, it can be better getting your ATAR first. With previous years, you have people stressing out once they've got their marks and clogging up the online ATAR calculators (like HSCNinja, Matrix, Talent 100, etc) ... in a way, it sort of eliminates all that waiting stress by giving you the ATAR first

TheVuk

HSC
The dates are as follows:
  • Assessment ranks are available from 12.30pm on 3 December 2021.
  • HSC results release date: 24 January 2022 from 6am
  • ATARs released: 20 January 2022 from 9am
I hope this helps! :D
Thank u

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
One question @jimmysmith560,
What happens if our externals are inconsistent, like suppose I got 90% in the first Maths exam for Year 12, then got 65% on the second maths assessment (usually a take home investigation task) and got 92% in the third assessment and than in trials I get 52%, Would my assessment mark be affected by the inconsistency or would they take the best assessments in account?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
One question @jimmysmith560,
What happens if our externals are inconsistent, like suppose I got 90% in the first Maths exam for Year 12, then got 65% on the second maths assessment (usually a take home investigation task) and got 92% in the third assessment and than in trials I get 52%, Would my assessment mark be affected by the inconsistency or would they take the best assessments in account?
I think you are referring to internals. Externals refer to the HSC exams, the completion of which results in an Examination Mark.

All your school-based assessment tasks/exams contribute towards your Assessment Mark. However, it is not the marks themselves that determine your Assessment Mark, but rather your final rank in the subject. In terms of your performance in your school-based assessment tasks/exams, the effect those will have on your final rank will depend on the weighting allocated towards each assessment task/exam. Generally speaking, your aim should be to maximise your internal performance in order to maximise your rank in a particular subject, and I would imagine that marks such as 90% and 92% would help in such a case, while marks such as 65% and 52% would normally be detrimental to your rank. Of course, the extent to which such marks will affect your rank ultimately depends on the weight allocation of each task.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I think you are referring to internals. Externals refer to the HSC exams, the completion of which results in an Examination Mark.

All your school-based assessment tasks/exams contribute towards your Assessment Mark. However, it is not the marks themselves that determine your Assessment Mark, but rather your final rank in the subject. In terms of your performance in your school-based assessment tasks/exams, the effect those will have on your final rank will depend on the weighting allocated towards each assessment task/exam. Generally speaking, your aim should be to maximise your internal performance in order to maximise your rank in a particular subject, and I would imagine that marks such as 90% and 92% would help in such a case, while marks such as 65% and 52% would normally be detrimental to your rank. Of course, the extent to which such marks will affect your rank ultimately depends on the weight allocation of each task.
Okay, thanks Jimmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)