When is macq uni open day? (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
Hey when is open day and what time? Actually, if someone can state the open days and times for UTS and UWS awell that would be great. Cheers

rink

HSC
sorry i meant 'info day'.........yep i checked the site and it only had stuff on pathways day but i dont think pathways day is equivalent to an info day??? im not sure, maybe someone can correct me on this

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Pathways Day is aimed at those who are looking for alternative pathways into Macquarie.

For specific information, call the hotline or email publicrelations.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It’s now time for students who plan to go to uni in 2006 to finalise their preferences and to start preparing for the year ahead.

Those considering studying at Macquarie University can find out more about courses at the Pathways Day website located at www.pathwaysday.mq.edu.au which has comprehensive information about degrees offered in 2006. In late December and early January they can have their questions answered by experienced advisors and current Macquarie University students via an electronic bulletin board (www.hscandbeyond.mq.edu.au), by telephone (freecall 1800 351 117) or by email at publicrelations@mq.edu.au.

Students who are concerned that they do not have a high enough UAI to obtain entry to their preferred course at Macquarie University should attend Pathways Day, on Wednesday 4 January for advice on alternative entry pathways.

Pathways Day will be held at the University’s North Ryde campus from 9.30am to 4pm. Parking is free on the day, and free shuttle buses will run to and from Epping and Gordon train stations to the University between 9am and 4pm. State and private buses also travel to Macquarie University from many areas of Sydney.

Information sessions given on Pathways Day will focus on how students may transfer to a Macquarie degree after successfully studying, for example, at TAFE, at Open Universities Australia and the Sydney Institute of Business and Technology, or through enrolment in non-award subjects or a European language certificate.

Pathways Day is also a good opportunity for future students to familarise themselves with the Macquarie campus, find out about other aspects of university life (such as sporting clubs) and receive advice on the transition from high school to uni.
They held the open day Sept 10 last year.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Don't they normally have another info day about now or is that pathways day, that everyone else goes to?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They decided to not have one this year, probably due to the cost of running it not really being backed up with the numbers/attendance they got, and it was mainly those who didn't get the required UAI who would turn up, thus the Pathways Day.

The bulleting board and hotline have been fairly busy of late, and have accounted for most of the specific questions.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Ok, thanks, I didn't realise that

edit: I have been reading the site and it sounds like a great idea, it will help a lot of students

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)