When will we be told what textbooks to use/ buy? Thanks (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of buying some quality notes/ second hand books etc. for my law or arts units but I'm unsure when I will be told the particular books I need.
Also, if I am studying the unit foundations of law, which is effectively taught in other unis such as uts, usyd etc. does it matter if I buy notes off a UTS Student who did foundations of law. Because I found some quality notes I thought would be good in helping me out for semester 1 law.
Also, what websites do mac uni students sell their notes and books, is it studentvip? And do I have to sign up for it

crazy_paki123

HSC
Just wait till the first week of ur unsure. Thats wat im doing otherwise u buy a book and may not even end up using it which is a waste. If say u can get notes from another unis student as many first yr courses are similar across the board. I buy/sell textbooks mostly on the facebook pages set up such asTextbook exchange for MQ. Student vip works too and yh u have to sign up for that

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Check out http://www.coop.com.au/ and click on "find your textbooks" orange box.

If you have facebook check out "Macquarie Textbooks" group which is a space for buying and selling textbooks.

In fact just search Macquarie University in facebook, and join some groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)