Where are you ranked?? (1 Viewer)

mel4dan

I was just wondering from your results in your assessments so far where everyone is ranked.

At the present time, i am ranked:

Chemistry - 1st :D
Biology - 1st :D
Earth and Enviro - 1st :D
Modern History - 1st :D
Maths extension - 1st :D
Mathematics - 2nd (by 2%!!) :mad:
English adv - NO IDEA!! apparently in the top 15 :confused:

mel4dan

nah i would post this no matter what because i do like to compare. and no im not a "show off", i just am proud of my results, and i was hoping others would also like to share that experience.

mel4dan

just because i went well doesnt mean i have a big ego if thats what you were implying

HSC
no it means you studied your ass off to achieve those marks, try to hang onto them, the dux at our school of year 11 lost most her ranks and marks in year 12, people suddenly really put their ass into gear for hsc and she got demolished, keep it up

mel4dan

thanks guys. i really did do a bit of study, although i feel i could have done more, especially when it comes to the HSC. i realise that i have to keep at it to hold my position as those with lower marks are really working their bums off to get up there with tutoring and constant study. i already have one big contender who goes to the library everyday studying, however i believe doing that will only pull you down by the HSC because you would be burnt out. i guess we will just have to wait and see....

SinFul

HSC
mm..for me..
Chemistry - 1st
Biology- 1st
Legal Studies -1st..
English Adv - NA (i.e slightly above average)
Englist Ext 1 - 3rd.
Maths -NA (same as Eng adv)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
out of interest, 'could've done more when it comes til the hsc'? wtf? you're in yr 11 and your hsc doesn't start til oct/nov? how can you work towards it when it HASN'T STARTED YET?

SinFul

HSC
glycerine said:
out of interest, 'could've done more when it comes til the hsc'? wtf? you're in yr 11 and your hsc doesn't start til oct/nov? how can you work towards it when it HASN'T STARTED YET?
hahah OWNed!

HSC
thats about 4 months off, if you study your ass off now you actually get into the habit of studying hard ...

tennille

HSC
Or you could just burn yourself before the HSC even begins. Don't study too much. I know a few people who did that in yr 11 and just gave up in yr 12. Although yr 11 gives you an idea of what the HSC will be like, just keep in mind that it's worth nothing when it comes to marks.

mel4dan

glycerine said:
i actually meant that i know that when it comes to the hsc, i will have to do a lot more to get good results than i have been doing at the moment. besides as quoted by Casmira, getting into good habits will be useful later. its all about balance.

and congrats to SinFul, you are doing great!! :)

tennille

HSC
HarryKozy said:
i will have to do a lot more to get good results than i have been doing at the moment.

That's not necessarily true. I did a lot less in the HSC (after working so hard for yr 11) and I got better marks.

BTW, if you think the HSC is hardworking, just wait till you get to uni (I'm assuming you want to go to uni).

mel4dan

Tennille said:
That's not necessarily true. I did a lot less in the HSC (after working so hard for yr 11) and I got better marks.

BTW, if you think the HSC is hardworking, just wait till you get to uni (I'm assuming you want to go to uni).
wow i hope that happens for me. lol.

and yeah i so want to go to uni to do a BcS. ha ha. even harder.....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
miss_gtr said:
ten bucks says u wouldnt of started a this thread if u didnt get those ranks. show off
Ten bucks says you wouldn't have said that if you also got those ranks. Jealous.

Anyway:
Adv. Eng: 1st
2u Maths: 2nd
3u Maths: 1st
4u Maths: 1st
SDD: 1st
Chemistry: 3rd

But my year 11 marks were like:
Adv. Eng: 20th
2u Maths: 4th
3u Maths: 3rd
Chemistry: 10th
Physics 19th

So as glycerine said, it's foolish to worry about your year 11 marks.

mel4dan

Slide Rule said:
Ten bucks says you wouldn't have said that if you also got those ranks. Jealous.

Anyway:
Adv. Eng: 1st
2u Maths: 2nd
3u Maths: 1st
4u Maths: 1st
Chemistry: 3rd

But my year 11 marks were like:
Adv. Eng: 20th
2u Maths: 4th
3u Maths: 3rd
Chemistry: 10th
Physics 19th

So as glycerine said, it's foolish to worry about your year 11 marks.

ha ha. loved the comment. i wont worry till next year

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Business 5/69
legal 1/30something
Maths crap ranking-its my worst
IPT 1/15
English adv 19/?
SOR1 6/150something

year 11 ranks meant nothing:
think it was somethin like
6 for business
maths i came 1st in 2unit [not including 3 unit]-if only i was so good now
english adv-nothin special bout 40 something
bottom 3 or something for biology LOL that stupid subject
SOR-19
legal i think 7
IPT-6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)