Which history questions did you find retarted? (1 Viewer)

Cardea

HSC
speedofsound said:
C. Native title allowed some Aborigines to be given land based on their traditions and customs or something.
I thought that was land rights..? Whereas Native Title had to do with Wik and pastoral leases and that..? :confused:

speedofsound

HSC
Cardea said:
I thought that was land rights..? Whereas Native Title had to do with Wik and pastoral leases and that..? :confused:
Hmm, could be, but this is what I have in my notes:

Native title is the recognition of the existence of common law rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to use and occupy lands and waters to which they have maintained continuing traditional connection.

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
it cant be the "Traditions and customs" thing, because according to tradition, they would be able to come and hunt in modern day residential ares and such.

the other one (D i think) made more sense.

and option C sounds pretty stupid when ya think about it.

speedofsound

HSC
pandaemon said:
it cant be the "Traditions and customs" thing, because according to tradition, they would be able to come and hunt in modern day residential ares and such.

the other one (D i think) made more sense.

and option C sounds pretty stupid when ya think about it.
But D relates to the Wik decision. I think C was just phrased oddly, 'traditions and customs' just mean that they have a connection with the land, which is what was needed for Native Title.

Cardea

HSC
speedofsound said:
But D relates to the Wik decision. I think C was just phrased oddly, 'traditions and customs' just mean that they have a connection with the land, which is what was needed for Native Title.
Hmm, but Wik was to do with Native Title too.

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
speedofsound said:
yeah, but still, D made much better sense, i mean.... wait, was it something about legislation put in place to make land right claims?

speedofsound

HSC
I think the question was "which best describes Native Title" or something.

3xist

HSC
The one where you had to write about a Prime Minister and how they have contributed to Australia. I was surprised John Howard's name was there, So what did I do? choose John Howard.

So how did John contribute to Australia? I wrote some random stuff about water restrictions, Meh! :haha:

?sarah

HSC
3xist said:
The one where you had to write about a Prime Minister and how they have contributed to Australia. I was surprised John Howard's name was there, So what did I do? choose John Howard.

So how did John contribute to Australia? I wrote some random stuff about water restrictions, Meh! :haha:
lol, yeah so much for history, he was still pm this time last year ... I did gough whitlam and his aim to develop an independent Australian identity developing Australia .. blah blah blah XD

indielove

HSC
i hate vague questions...
the HISTORY PAPER was FULL of it.

piratebrentos

HSC
I found a question about: Australians involved with the UN in containing communism in which country?

I never new about the UN stopping communism so I had a stab at Korea since I didn't know much about that.

yalando

HSC
i found the last question hard, i chose migrants for some creepy reason.
Am i right to say that a change was the patterns of migration and the causes were the government policies and acceptance to migrants like asians through the colombo plan and, removal of dictation test and white Australia policy and the effect being on Australia culturally developing its own identity through australian citizenship, new national anthem, multiculturalism, economically through snowy mountains scheme nad population size and their rights were that skin and colour didnt inhibit migrant choice anymore. i also mention populate or perish somewhere..... Lol

retarded777

HSC
N/A
btw talking abt SOS protesting..some dude was holding a poster saying'fight in vietnam? or your own backyard!' isn't that like for the vietnam war not against it?

arghh..i got confused

Kittikhun

HSC
I think it was against since it was a SOS protest and he was the only man in the crowd. His stance too was also a bit belligerent than the rest of the sedate stances of the women. That's my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)