Which subject to drop? (1 Viewer)

evasharman

HSC
Hello everyone, I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I am unsure as to which subject I should drop.
English Adv : 5 / 70
French Continuers : 1 / 8
Modern History : 1 / 38
Ancient History : 1 / 37
Biology : 2 / 45
Studies of Religion2 : 2 / 48

Now I really love history, so I was thinking of picking up history extension. But I imagine 13 units would be way too over the top!
So I think maybe I would drop bio, I mean I like it and all but it's a bit boring and not really my passion.... or drop to one unit SOR? Or maybe even drop ancient or french? I'll definitely keep modern.
I was just asking for advice on what you would do!?!

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Firstly, are you certain you want to do history extension? It's quite dissimilar to MHY and AHY, so it's worth investigating into the course more before electing it. However, if you are positive you want to do it, I'd suggest dropping to SOR1. You are still very good at SOR, so it would be a waste of talent to remove it completely.

photastic

HSC
With the ranks, I'd keep all of them and do 13 units with extension history, then you would not regret dropping anything and make a decision after you try extension

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say keep all your subjects, and do take up history extension. Later on you can always drop if you are finding it too challenging to manage on 13 units.

enoilgam

HSC
With the ranks, I'd keep all of them and do 13 units with extension history, then you would not regret dropping anything and make a decision after you try extension
I'd say keep all your subjects, and do take up history extension. Later on you can always drop if you are finding it too challenging to manage on 13 units.
Definitely agree with these two - the HSC courses for some subjects can be quite different, so give them all a go. Then drop the subject you either like the least or think you will perform poorly in.

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
I reckon keep them all, I'm current doing 12 units and doing pretty well so I've decided to keep them all, unless your really wanting to drop something.

Definitely take up an extension, they scale pretty well and seeing your ranking I reckon you'll be up there. Don't worry I do 12 units and it's not a lot to me, I would do 13 with 3u maths or 3u english but I'm too crap for 3u. Definitely do it.

HSC
Yolo your way through HSC

Nah jokes

You're doing really well, stay on 13 units and from then on decide which subject you're not performing well in, in comparison to your other subjects.

samanthaeardley

HSC
Try extension for a term or two and see how it is. It's very different to ancient and modern but it really helps with both of them, my marks shot up as soon as I picked up extension. It's also not that much work, if you keep on top of it and start your major work early and work on it consistently. You've got enough units to drop whatever you don't want, so goodluck! :):)

apletikosa

HSC
Drop the subject that you like the least or the subject which you have a bad teacher (e.g. don't like their teaching style)

If I was in your position I would drop SOR completely (or at least to one unit) and pick up Ext. His (which I am doing atm also)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)